PDA

View Full Version : Spacers, brake pads, cup-holder removal, roll-up rear blinds

RoamingNick
23-07-2017, 03:45 PM
Hello folks. My wife has an R-Line 2.0L TFSI Variant, great car but some tweaks are needed:

Car runs 19" wheels which look great but could do with being stanced out a bit. Has anyone been able to fit wheel spacers successfully? I tried with some that are probably designed for a Mk 7 Golf (same platform) but they didn't fit on the rear due to an curve on the hub.
Has anyone been able to figure out the model number of the brake caliper, or have a recommendation for replacement brake pads? Something along the lines of EBC Green or Ferodo DS Perfoamance - i.e. street pads that warm fast & give plenty of initial bite. Not really concerned about rotor wear or dust. Again, tried some Mk 7 GTI pads, but they didn't fit.
I'd like to be able to remove the cup-holders that now occupy the center bin, and make it a simple rectangular storage box (a la Golf Mk V). Any ideas?
Finally, did anyone spec the 'Sunblinds, side manual roll-up' - if so, can you drop a picture in response please. Considering a retro-fit using OEM parts.

Thanks in advance for any input.