PDA

View Full Version : Audi Connect licence renewal

PaulDiabolo
19-07-2017, 12:29 PM
I know this has been discussed in the past but wanted to share my recent (in the last few days) happy experience...

My initial trial licence was due to run out on Monday so last Friday I contacted Customer Services via the website to request an extention. I had a response on Monday to say that it had been passed to Germany for processing.

Just gave them my reg and myaudi login name.

I got in the car this morning an the licence has been extended for a further 2 years :beerchug:

xtremist
23-07-2017, 09:51 PM
I need to do this again as mine ran out a few weeks ago.

Paul Nisbet
27-07-2017, 06:14 PM
What is the Audi Connect license? Does it include your Sat Nav etc? I'm no sure if I'm honest, do you get a reminder that it's about to expire?

PaulDiabolo
28-07-2017, 08:00 AM
It allows things like Google Earth, online traffic for the Sat Nav, news, weather etc.

If you go to Audi Connect and pull up the submenu there is a section for Licence Periods. This will give you the licence expiry (there are quite a few in there). There's an option to get it to remind you of the licences expiring but it only gives you about a week's notice.

As far as I know, you only get 3-4 months as standard. You get 3 years with the Tech Pack. I believe that Audi UK don't know what to do about charging so will extend for free.

You don't need it for regular SatNav maps but I find Google Earth and online traffic the most useful bit.

Paul Nisbet
29-07-2017, 05:35 PM
Really helpful cheers. I seem to have got 18 months. I'll go try and extend it now whilst it's being dished out. Thanks

PaulDiabolo
31-07-2017, 07:49 AM
No probs.

It's worth a try. Only thing to mention there is that I still had 3 months left on mine when I first tried to get it renewed. They said to come back when there's one month left.

Zaf
14-08-2017, 03:08 PM
I sent emails to connect.license and service at audi.de, both responded and stated that they need the request from authorized dealer.
I forwarded on the connect.license email to my Audi dealer who raised the request for me.
Got an email back from executive.office at audi.co.uk confirmed they had extended my Connect licence for another year.

jds68
21-11-2017, 11:44 PM
I also followed the advice above and contacted Audi through here Contact us form | Audi UK (https://www.audi.co.uk/about-audi/contact-us/contact-us-form.html) last Wednesday, and today the license expiry warning stopped coming up. It was due to expire on 25/12/17, but now I have until the end of 2018!

Thanks for the help