PDA

View Full Version : Price match servicing at VW dealer?

03Allroad
18-07-2017, 10:48 PM
A mate of mine just got his timing belt done on 2012 golf at VW inc all parts for £350!

Apparently (and there is a reference to this on the VW site) if you can take a quote into VW they will price match (originally they wanted £800)

Now I know a VW Dealer is no measure of quality but it should be less risky than a back street garage you dont know and fact is it still looks better in the service history book when it comes to sell

stuart
19-07-2017, 08:26 PM
I think they do offer a "price match"

As stated on there website... but it must be genuine parts... most garages will use motor factor parts not genuine, still OE quality but not genuine as such..

We will Price Match a like-for-like written quote from any other garage within 5 miles, which also includes genuine Volkswagen parts. So that means you can ask around other local garages and get written quotes from them for the work you need doing, make sure they are using Volkswagen parts. Bring the quotes to your Volkswagen garage and we will price match them. Can’t say fairer than that.

ru55
11-08-2017, 10:51 PM
I did this at Audi Hamilton and it turns out that a quote needed to be a written quote and the quotes that I received by email were not sufficient. After much pleading and pointing out that they did not specify this they did relent and price matched.

Rob69
12-08-2017, 06:51 AM
I'm pretty sure if I was an indy who was asked to provide a written quote specifying genuine parts to be used, I'd have a fair idea I was being used as a lever against VW and be a bit peed off, suppose that's competition though.