PDA

View Full Version : Need help with two "issues" on my Audi A4 B8

WorldUK
16-07-2017, 07:27 PM
Hi there,

So ive had the car over a year now, and got two issues that id like to get fixed, first off, the glove box was opening nice and "slow" but managed to push it/ pull it open one day and something "cracked" and now it just falls open, can it be fixed and how if possible?

Second issue is the centre armrest, at the back low theres the 12v hole, now last year when on road trip, had charger there, and as ive got 3 kids at the back , they have managed to "push" the 12v thingie inside the armrest, now is it possible to open "armrest from back" where the vents are so i could get it back in position, fix it , so could use it again?

Thanks for help!

Gunnark100
16-07-2017, 08:27 PM
Remove glovebox maybe 5 screws in total and check which part is broken..."brake element" or hinges etc...

Regarding second issue....i dont understand where kinds pushed the 12v "thing"....picture would help...but yes you can remove after part of center armrest...i am just not sure where "thingie" is at the moment...

scroll down, you get idea how to remove aft part of armrest!

oCarbon – blog » B8 A4/S4 Trim Removal Guide (http://blog.ocarbon.com/2010/06/b8-a4s4-trim-removal-guide/)

WorldUK
16-07-2017, 08:54 PM
Here, my shoddy paint skills, under the flap theres the 12v socket, and its "fallen" in there, but now the trim removal site u gave i can get it open and set it back in place. Cheers for that!

WorldUK
16-07-2017, 08:55 PM
Ive got another thing in mind, should i get the rear windows tinted or not? And if do it , get it done by "proffessionals" or buy some ready cut films and do it myself?

Gunnark100
16-07-2017, 09:02 PM
Ive got another thing in mind, should i get the rear windows tinted or not? And if do it , get it done by "proffessionals" or buy some ready cut films and do it myself?

Yes, you should, but not very dark and let proffessionals do the job....i tried 20 years ago it was disaster:D.

Regarding brake element of glovebox it is behind passenger fusebox...

Instuction regarding picture above!
Removing and installing cushioning element for glove box lid

Removing

Switch off ignition and remove ignition key.

Remove dash panel end trim (passenger side) → Chapter.

Disengage fuse holder on right of dash panel and slide to one side → Rep. gr.97.

Unplug electrical connector -3-.

Pull out hinge pin -1-.

Release switch -2- in anti-clockwise direction -arrow- and detach