PDA

View Full Version : LED Audi 'ring' logo on front grille

Tarquinfintim
09-07-2017, 01:25 PM
Hi all, has anybody wired one these up? I've fitted mine but can't find a switched live/neutral supply on the 14 bay (not all are used) headlight plug.
I have posted a similar thread on the headlight socket but since then I've found a delayed 'switch off' which takes about 30 secs using pins 5 which I'm sure is (-) cos the leds I used to test for a supply are polarity sensitive and 11 which is (+) Any help would be appreciated.

Gazwould
09-07-2017, 05:47 PM
Chavy as....

Tarquinfintim
09-07-2017, 11:43 PM
In your opinion, not one I share. Offer useful input or don't bother.

Gazwould
10-07-2017, 08:31 AM
OK Boss , now could this be used as a daytime running light ?

Tarquinfintim
10-07-2017, 08:53 AM
Not really, it's not bright enough and when it's not lit it looks just like an ordinary silver Audi logo badge.

french_audi
31-07-2017, 08:53 PM
Chavy as.... and I second that Chavy.....

Tarquinfintim
01-08-2017, 08:47 AM
Ok you won't be pitting one on your car then? A pointless comment as I couldn't care less what you think looks good or not. The thread is about gaining other people's knowledge not opinions. Don't troll me over this or I'll Report you without hesitation.

Tarquinfintim
01-08-2017, 08:51 AM
*putting

Paintstripper
03-08-2017, 05:21 AM
🤤

Gazwould
03-08-2017, 07:45 AM
Tarquin have you done more purposeful led upgrades like interior bulbs set , reversing lights and sidelights ?

Tarquinfintim
03-08-2017, 12:56 PM
Hi Gazwould,

I've replaced the puddle lights with cree 'Audi' projector lights and replaced the red reflectors in the doors (that's all they were, just reflectors) for red illuminated ones (see pics). I've thought about upgrading the interior led pack to colour changing ones when I have time but in reference to other posters 'chav' comments, I think that colour changing leds fit much more into the chav bracket than the logo badge which after all looks just like a normal 4 ring badge ie is silver when not lit and plain white when it is ...Not chavy at all in my opinion!

Gazwould
03-08-2017, 01:25 PM
It's all a question of taste and people have different tastes which is great cause there wouldn't be enough slim birds to go around .

Don't know about all this logo stuff as my personal taste is less is more and oem+ kind of approach .

It confusses me when people have to have the make and model on the interior foot mats .

Don't knock the colour changing leds this is what I've got .

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1CQ9lPFXXXXcNXXXXq6xXFXXXl/Auto-Disco-DJ-Music-LED-font-b-Strobe-b-font-font-b-Light-b-font-Three.jpg

All I need now are some pills .

Tarquinfintim
03-08-2017, 02:59 PM
Hi Gaz.

I haven't had the car from new but it's less than a year old so 'purposeful' upgrades don't really come into it as it's so new, I'm pretty sure that's the same reason why, although there's been over 400 views of this thread nobody has offered a solution. Any changes I do make will be mainly cosmetic for the same reason (too new).
Taste is different for for everybody but I must say I'm struggling to see the chaviness of the logo light that, as long as it's not lit is indistinguishable from a normal badge and even when it is lit it's plain white?

I hope you see what I mean I think it's just we don't agree, fair enough?

I have changed the puddle lights and what were just red reflectors on the doors to these ( see pic)

I did reply earlier but I can't see it, but it may turn up as well.

Cheers, Tarquin.

Tarquinfintim
03-08-2017, 03:03 PM
Is that REALLY your car LOL Bloody fantastic mate...But not for me lol

Tarquinfintim
03-08-2017, 03:11 PM
Forget that, I see it's store mock up DOH! lol