PDA

View Full Version : Audi Quattro Coupe Cold Start??

sox
27-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Hi all,

i have a problem when starting my coupe from cold.
The revs are so low on start up that if i were to take my foot off the throttle it would cut out.

when its warmed up its fine.

its 2.3i NG bosch KE 3 Jetronic inj

i looked for the aux air valve which can sometimes clog up wiv crap and cause a fault like this but there aint one

So any ideas...................?

tar
rich :confused:

domjab
05-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Hi Sox,

Did you resolve your ignition fault, I have friend who appears to have the same problem and searching for a remedy?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated,

Regards,

Dom

jamiecoysh
26-01-2009, 06:24 PM
cold start valve

comedystu
15-02-2009, 07:24 PM
I also have a 2.3i on a 91 plate and this has the same prob, where is the cold start valve located ? thanks

domjab
27-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Hi,

Has anyone solved the idling problem yet? I've recently learnt that it could be a problem with the Electronic Idle Control Unit, which controls the Idle Control Valve.

Apart from ebay can anyone suggest a site or place where I might be able to source parts for this car?

Kind Regards,

Dom

scotty33
28-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Hi,

Could be worth getting the fault codes read, this is possible DIY with a bit of know how:

http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/trouble_shooting/100ecuf.html

The 100 NF engine used the same KEIII Jetronic as the NG engine. The info is a bit confusing as the british cars do not have the 'Check Engine Light'. The diagnostic connectors should be found as stated under the dash on the drivers side. They can be clipped in place on the front edge of the panel under the dash, sometimes this panel has to be removed to find them!

You can buy parts at eurocarparts or GSF, quattrocorner does genuine parts I think,
and there's some useful stuff from custom auto craft.