PDA

View Full Version : Seat Altea Climate Control Problem

asohotra
05-07-2017, 02:10 PM
I have a 2007 Seat Altea 1.9tdi with BXE engine when I turn on the climate control it works for a few seconds then seems to switch itself off. Occasionally I can hear ticking noise coming from under the glove box. My mechanic has put his fault finder on the car but no faults show up. Any ideas what the problem could be?

Rob69
05-07-2017, 03:40 PM
sounds like your flap motor is trying to work then cutting out, you don't say what the mechanic used to diagnose the fault but someone with vcds could probably run a scan and pick up any codes in the relevant control module. have a look at this thread, I know it's old but might give you an idea where to look for the motor.
Please Help The dreaded climate control click - Page 2 (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/67257-The-dreaded-climate-control-click/page2)

asohotra
05-07-2017, 06:45 PM
Thank you Rob69 for your help. What is the name of the part that I need and the part number.

Rob69
05-07-2017, 07:28 PM
I don't know the part number and you should confirm it is the motor at fault first, this seems to be a common fault though and if you search online i'm sure you'll find how other folks fixed it.

asohotra
12-07-2017, 02:23 AM
It was definitely the recirculation flap motor. Looked online how to change this but could not find any for the Altea except VW cars which seemed easy enough so decided to try it myself. Got the glove box out easily enough but have now run into a problem I can't get the actual motor out because part of the cars structure that the glove box screws into is stopping the motor from coming out. How do I get the motor out?

asohotra
13-07-2017, 01:30 AM
Today spoke to my mechanic friend he said that the dash may need to come out in order to sort the fitting of new recirculation flap motor. Is this true?