PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Q5 suspension conversion

linleeridge
04-07-2017, 01:54 PM
I desperately need to soften the suspension on my 2015 Q5 fitted with 17" wheels and adjustable dampers. My wife has a bad back and the ride is too rough on Australia's bad roads. Has anyone fitted air suspension and if so how much difference does it make. Thanks.

crsperformance
05-07-2017, 04:18 PM
I desperately need to soften the suspension on my 2015 Q5 fitted with 17" wheels and adjustable dampers. My wife has a bad back and the ride is too rough on Australia's bad roads. Has anyone fitted air suspension and if so how much difference does it make. Thanks.

The harsh ride isnt coming from the Springs so changing the Springs to Air springs wont help much , it is the shock making the ride hard and its a common problem on modern cars . In an attempt to get the cars to handle well , comfort is always compromised . there is only one shock that can sort out this problem . KONI FSD go to www.toperformance.co.au and try to speak to or get hold of Barry Brookes he will sell you a set and explain why they are so good , If not ill send you a tech explaination , I also had a client in S Africa who had a bad back and couldnt believe the difference fitting these parts made to his Kia Sorento that spent a lot of time off road , Steve

linleeridge35
07-07-2017, 11:01 AM
Thanks crsperformance for your comments. Car salesmen (not always reliable) would tell me that air suspension would definitely help. However if what you recommend would solve the problem my concern is that my vehicle is fitted with the adjustable damper option (i.e. comfort, sport, dynamic settings etc). If new shocks were fitted dealers tell me it may interfere with other settings on the adjustable damper option. Not sure if this model would work. I will make the contact as you suggest when I come back from holidays in around 4 weeks and go from there. Cheers.