PDA

View Full Version : Amarok DPF Light

Huntergathering
28-06-2017, 09:39 PM
Hi- new member here, that for letting me in!

I have an Amarok 2.0, Highline. Bit of a story, but here goes. EGR dumped water on the M5 in December, and after a bit of discussion with VW the engine was replaced - dumping the coolant ruined the engine.

Ive had the car back a couple of months, and after a trip to france covering 1100 miles, at French motorway speeds, with 4 grown men / luggage etc...the truck completed the trip perfectly. Within 48 hours, the EGR light came on, quickly followed by the EML and flashing glow plug light. Into a garage, and after a forced regen, the lights went out - all good.

I went out last night, 25 miles each way at 50-60mph, all good. This morning on the school run, the better half reputed DPF light on, and sure, when I came home, there it was, Took the for a spin down the M5 - circa 35 miles each way, revs around 2500, the light didn't go out and worse, on the slow bit back to the house, the EML and glow plug flashing came back on.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

HG

Guest 2
29-06-2017, 08:16 AM
Needs on a diagnostic machine to pull the codes.

Huntergathering
29-06-2017, 09:35 AM
Thanks Chris, booked in next week.

I'll report back for information.

dovski
07-01-2019, 11:00 AM
Did you get the car diagnosed HG? I have the beginnings of a water leak I cant find, maybe a cup every week..:zx11: