PDA

View Full Version : Any experience connecting a Mirabox?

VDT
28-06-2017, 02:13 PM
Hi all,

I'd really like to have Carplay on my facelift 2015 A7 but from reading the forum and online it seems not possible.
Next best appears to be the clever little in car wifi box like a Mirabox that you can cast (Android) or Airplay (Apple) to. Just connect your mobile/tab to the Mirabox wifi, and start streaming. Powering it is probably easy too using one of the USB connections in the car, or the 12V socket in the armrest.

The piece I'm not clear on is how to connect the RCA leads (coming out of the Mirabox) to the other USB connection in the car so that the video and sound is transmitted to the MMI?
On the pre FL car, you can buy an RCA to AMI cable, but what do you do on the newer cars that only have USB connections?

Thanks in Advance !

buddyboy
28-06-2017, 08:17 PM
I tried it out on mine for a bit but used it with a chromecast which was too awkward due to the wifi connection needed, You need a AMi to rca cable them an RCA to HDMI converter then your Mirabox. you still need to control things through apart from forward, backward through your play list. I meant to give it a go again but i retrofitted the Audi connect setup instead so thats taking up my AMI port currently.

Do you have a link to the mirabox you were thinking of using?

VDT
29-06-2017, 11:38 AM
Hi BB, you mentioned AMI cable which I specifically dont have. There are only 2 x USB connections in the facelift A7, and a Aux jack. That was the reason for my original query. I dont know how to connect the RCA outs from the Mirabox to the cars USB port. Thanks.

Q7quattro
10-07-2017, 07:50 PM
Hi BB, you mentioned AMI cable which I specifically dont have. There are only 2 x USB connections in the facelift A7, and a Aux jack. That was the reason for my original query. I dont know how to connect the RCA outs from the Mirabox to the cars USB port. Thanks.

Pls see my post below on CarPlay ,

**UPDATE** 3rd party CARPLAY for All models (only cars with AMI socket) on AMAZON (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/183703-**UPDATE**-3rd-party-CARPLAY-for-All-models-(only-cars-with-AMI-socket)-on-AMAZON)

You can buy a USB to RCA cable on Amazon