PDA

View Full Version : Help please. Brakes wont bleed.

yorky19640
27-06-2017, 07:39 PM
I have a VW Eos 2.0 TDI and I am unable to bleed brakes after fitting master cylinder, I have borrowed my work colleagues Snap On verdict to help bleed by following the instructions on the tool, but after going through the sequence 4 times, I still have no brakes. During the bleed process it says that the brake pedal will slowly sink and then the ABS will pump it back up but this doesnt happen. At no time does the pedal go to the floor. I am left with a normal feeling pedal but no brakes. what am I doing wrong?

Daniel71
02-11-2017, 09:57 PM
My best friend for brake/clutch bleeding when the bleeding process is problematic and sometime this happened, is a ... cooling pressure test kit, this kit have a pump and one cap fit on the brake fluid reservoir, give just a little pressure and pump the brake, first i do just the master cylinder, plugging the holes with my fingers (using gloves of course), after that I do plug the pipes, bleeding on calipers.

Time a go, in other garage, we used a reservoir filled with brake fluid, plugged on brake fluid reservoir and a air hose connected on the wheel, the wheel pressure, thru the air hose, force the brake fluid to get into the brake fluid reservoir, helping the bleeding process.