PDA

View Full Version : Coolant issues

buddyboy
27-06-2017, 01:15 PM
Thought I had a leak in the coolant expansion tank so i got that replaced and also the hose on the underside of the tank. New cap and o ring on the expansion tank too. I dropped it into the garage again this morning and told them I think they didn't fit something back right, and he said from a quick look maybe the system is over pressurising and coolant as being forced out the overflow on the tank. They will do a compression leak test on it to figure out what's going on.

Has anyone had similar issues on 3.0 TDI a7? Some research on the internet points to maybe egr cooler or head gasket :( hopefully it's nothing too expensive. No codes are thrown or high temp alerts. If it wasn't for the level dropping and damp patch On the driveway i wouldn't know any different. It's a pain in the *** topping it up

shabazmo
28-06-2017, 02:15 PM
After over 100k miles, no such problems. How old is your car and how many miles. It maybe worthwhile doing updating your signature wit your car details

buddyboy
29-06-2017, 08:53 AM
After over 100k miles, no such problems. How old is your car and how many miles. It maybe worthwhile doing updating your signature wit your car details

Yes i must get around to updating that. Its a 2012 a7 3.0 TDI quattro 245hp variant CDUC, with NPB gearbox.

Garage said they could find any coolant leaks while pressure testing it and it didn't over pressurise while they had it running about about 1500 rpm for about an hour. I'll keep an eye on the coolant level and see how it behaves. Maybe there was an airlock in the system and its slowly working its way out as i heard it can take sometime for the air to get out of the cooolant system on the 3.0 TDI lumo