PDA

View Full Version : idles erratically then stall

ANGELO33
26-10-2007, 11:49 PM
hello again i have a problem with my passat 1.8 t i had it chip couple of months ago then suddenly i expereince the erratic idle then the engine stall & it takes time to restart the engine agin its annoiying especially when the car stall on the traffic lights. so what i did i put the older chip back then the car starts. i dont know if the tuned chip is the problem or other components coz i used the tuned chip couple of months & it was ok but lately its just happen the idles playing up & down then stall.pls if anyone could give me a solution for this i really appreciate so much as of now i'll observe the old factory chip for the meantime.thanks

tdi miki
27-10-2007, 11:13 AM
It is the throtle body that is the problem.Take it off cleane it and do the basic seting with the vag com and it willbe OK. The most problems that Ive seen on this forum are similar to yours and it suprisses me that most of people dont konow about it when this is common problem.

RobBentley
27-10-2007, 11:54 AM
If this only happens when the engine is warmer... then it could be the same problem I had, which was coolant temprature sensor. Worth getting it scanned or scanning yourself with VAG-COM.

ANGELO33
28-10-2007, 12:37 AM
thanks for your reply mate but this happen suprisingly not always like this before but only now really terrible expereince i change the coolant temperature sensor new one day after its really playing the idle then stall & i cant start the car anymore but when i put the factory chip back thats the time the car starts without hesitation the idle is find.is there a possibility that the car ecu or other components can damage the tuned chip?coz i think its like the engine misfires i dont know. im confused coz if i use the old factory chip the car start when i use the tuned chip it wont start. anyway im going to cleaned the throttle body again coz thats what the tuned chip company said i hope.

Rampage
28-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Had a similar issue with my BMW, stalling randomly - it was a cam position sensor.

Of course I don't know if the 1.8T has one so I could be barking up the wrong tree...

-Steve

ANGELO33
28-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Yes What Im Confusing About That When I Put The Factory Chip Back The Car Start Without Hesitations When I Put The Tuned Chip It Wont Start. Im Using The Tuned Chip For 2 Months And Its Find Only Now The Idle Is Playing Then Stall But Not Everyday When I Used It. The Problem Just Puff Out Suprisingly.

Crasher
28-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Have you got equipment to read fault codes? You could try cleaning and resetting the throttle body.

ANGELO33
28-10-2007, 08:46 PM
yes i have but i cant do it today coz its raining maybe tomorrow then i'll see if it works.

ChillOut
29-10-2007, 09:51 AM
Yes What Im Confusing About That When I Put The Factory Chip Back The Car Start Without Hesitations When I Put The Tuned Chip It Wont Start. Im Using The Tuned Chip For 2 Months And Its Find Only Now The Idle Is Playing Then Stall But Not Everyday When I Used It. The Problem Just Puff Out Suprisingly.

Sounds like you need a refund from the chip tuner, or at least more help from them for free. I don't think VW will want to help much !!!

ANGELO33
29-10-2007, 09:32 PM
YAH THEY SAID ITS THE THROTTLE FLAP ANYWAY I GOT IT DIAGNOSE TODAY AND THIS WHAT I GOT

16885 (P0501) Vehicle Speed Sensor Range/Performance
INTERMITTENT
670-- ------- Throttle Position Sensor -G127
Incorrect Signal INTERMITTENT

17967 (P1559) Idle speed controller
INTERMITTENT
SO IS THIS ONE OF THE POSSIBILITY THAT THE IDLES PLAYING & STALL?I CLEARED IT BY THE WAY & IM GOING TO CHECK AGAIN IF STILL APPEAR.

Crasher
29-10-2007, 10:11 PM
The second two fault codes mean you need to clean and reset the throttle body but the first one says the ECU isn't getting the road speed signal and that will make it act up.

ANGELO33
30-10-2007, 07:26 AM
ok im trying to run the car with the old factory chip & will see how it goes then another DTC test if trouble still appear i think im going renew it right? if its ok i'll try to put back the tuned chip & see how it goes. cheers

ANGELO33
30-10-2007, 07:33 AM
theres one thing i forgot to mention eventhough im running at 20-30 MPH i can feel the engine misfiring its choking or something and i can hear the relays tick sound opening & closing thats time when i have my full stop the car stall.

tdi miki
30-10-2007, 08:17 AM
Yes, this is the reason for your car acting that way.You need to cleane the throtle body and then perform basic sating.

ANGELO33
30-10-2007, 08:22 AM
yes mate i will i hope we have a good sunlight today. cheers mate

ANGELO33
31-10-2007, 09:50 PM
I Just Cleaned The Throttle Body Ang Reset All Trouble Codes But When I Try To Put The Tuned Chip Back AT IGNITION ON Still It Doesnt WORKING. BASICALLY YOU WILL HEAR THE HISSING SOUND COME FROM THE THROTTLE BODY BUT IT WAS NOTHING SO NO ADAPTATION GOING ON ISNT IT?THE ONLY THING I HEAR IS TICKING SOUND FROM IGNITION COIL NO.2 WHICH IS NOT NORMALLY HAPPEN.

Crasher
01-11-2007, 10:39 AM
I know English isn't your first language but I am having great trouble understanding what the problem is.

ANGELO33
01-11-2007, 07:35 PM
my problem is i cant start the car wit my tuned chip i cant communicate through DTC. it wasnt like this before when it start to idle eratically then stall and difficult to start. so what i did is i put the old factory chip back then thats the time the car start.

Crasher
01-11-2007, 08:24 PM
So with the original chip fitted, the car runs correctly and the throttle body will adapt?

ANGELO33
01-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Yes Without Any Hesitation The Car Start At Old Factory Chip

Crasher
02-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Then I think you have diagnosed the problem.

ANGELO33
02-11-2007, 06:11 PM
Unfortunately I Can't Coz My Dtc Software Can't Communicate The Car Ecu So I Assumed The Problem Its Really The Tuned Chip Isnt It?
When I Put The Old Factory Chip Theres No Problem With It ,my Dtc Software Can Communicate.i Dont Know Whats The Caused Of The Problem. Thats Why I Contacted The Tuned Chip Company And Reported The Problem But Untill Now No Sound Of Them Yet.

Crasher
02-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Exactly, the chip is the problem.