PDA

View Full Version : DPF - warning on vagcom - help?

attila_tdi
24-06-2017, 08:51 PM
Hi all,

I've been a member of this forum for a while but not posted before. I am usually active on UKpassats

I have a B8 143 2.0 tdi with 116k on it.

I recently changed the oil and it may just be coincidence but I had an engine management light come on a few hundred miles later. I scanned it and the error is as follows:

5253 - Diesel Particle Filter; Differential Pressure Sensor
P2452 00 [175] - Elect. Malfunction

I have checked and it has done several DPF regenerations since the error My DPF stats are as follows (at idle):

Particle Filter Differential Pressure = 0hPa
Particle Filter, offset for differential pressure = -4hPa
Particle Filter, Oil Ash Volume = 0.13 l
Particle Filter, soot mass calculated = 4.60g

Just wondering if these figures showed the DPF is healthy or not and whether its ok to run with this error or bugger up the DPF? As I say it seems to have done several regenerations since the error.

Cheers!

attila_tdi
24-06-2017, 09:00 PM
Just to add to this. I did the oil change with Quantum longline 3? Hope this didn't cause the problem!

Guest 2
24-06-2017, 09:12 PM
Probably just a freak occurrence as it's common that they fail.

Quantum LL3 is fine for your vehicle and recommended for it.

attila_tdi
25-06-2017, 06:03 AM
Hey thanks that's a bit of a relief. Just found on youtube a helpful video on how to replace the sensor.

Do you know if it stop doing regeneration whilst the sensor is broken or am I safe to drive it? Don't want to bugger up the dpf whilst sensor has gone funny.

Gazwould
25-06-2017, 07:28 AM
Is this one of two is before or after the dpf ?

attila_tdi
25-06-2017, 07:43 PM
Hi Gaz,

Not sure I thought there was just one of these pressure sensors which measures inside and after the dpf.

According to Rosstech its: Exhaust Pressure Sensor 1 (G450)

The part number I have on mine is 07Z906051B

attila_tdi
26-06-2017, 10:02 PM
Hi - just to close this off in case anyone has this issue.

Bought a replacement differential pressure sensor from Audi Oxford. The original part number was 07Z906051B and Audi confirmed it was superseded with new part number 059906051A. It was 67.94 with VAT (quite pricey) but I don't have time to risk non OEM parts not working.

Replaced it without disconnecting the battery, undid the torx screw, loosened the clips on the hoses, pulled out the hoses and fitted the new one after unclipping the plug of the old one.

Cleared the fault and now reads a correct pressure 17hPa (or something) as opposed to a negative number.

I rarely get to close a forum off with some advice! Hope this helps.