PDA

View Full Version : Can someone recommend some tyres for my A4 Avant B8?

WorldUK
23-06-2017, 02:56 PM
So, need 4 new tyres, looking different reviews and just cant make up my mind to what get. One review says this good, other not so good, and this is with premium makers ect.

my official tyre size is 225 / 50 R17. Wondering if can use 225 45 R17 , could save about 100 when looking at premium tyres.

Anyone using Landsail ls588 uhd tyres? Seem to have good ratings B & B & 68db. for a bargain price 270 fitted.

Currently on a mix of 4, at front continental conti sport 2 & 3, back some everspeed and maxxis.

Michelin Primacy 3-s are Audi Originals? @ about 100 each, they worth it?

chrishamer
23-06-2017, 04:18 PM
I'd say it's best not to go with 45 vs 50. Your speedo will be off, plus you might find if you have an accident your insurance won't cover you. It might also look a bit silly due to the larger gap between car and tyre.

When it comes to tyres I'd recommend Continental Sport Contact 5 which I've been using and work brilliantly. I'm going to try to go to Sport Contact 6 but not sure they'll make them in the size my car needs...

I always find it's not worth trying to save money on tyres given they're the only thing that actually connects the car to the road.

Have you tried Black circles for some good deals?

Gazwould
23-06-2017, 04:32 PM
What width wheels as 235 45 is good ?

WorldUK
24-06-2017, 12:41 PM
Just saw a white a4 , with smashed front ns. Had landsail ls588 tyres , that a sign not to cheap out on tyres?

What u think of goodyear efficientgrip?

Tululah
24-06-2017, 03:14 PM
I have been using Buy cheap tyres online @ mytyres.co.uk - tyre dealer for car and budget tyres (www.mytyres.co.uk) for all my tyre needs for about the last 10 years; that summer and winter tyres for 5 different cars. They post the tyres to you or you can tick the "fitted" option in which case they send them to a local tyre fitter and give you a voucher to cover the fitting. The system works well.
Sometimes I use www.eventtyres.co.uk but they do not cover where I currently live or work. With Event, you don't pay anything until the tyres are fitted.

As for brands, my Impreza ran well on Kumho.

WorldUK
28-06-2017, 08:08 PM
Is CamSkill decent place to order from?
Seen they got Continental Sporticontact 6-s 101 each.

Just read reviews, people seem to be worried about the wear on contis, with some saying 8k miles only? Camskill site shows as thread 7.1mm , that ok for new ?

Crag30
20-07-2017, 01:29 PM
I had Continentals on mine but have now switched to Michelin Premecy's which seem to be lasting longer. Time will tell

Gazwould
20-07-2017, 05:46 PM
Conti 5 and 6 wear fast .

Look at tyrereviews .

Lukenkarl
20-07-2017, 06:33 PM
Goodyear asymmetric 3. Long lasting good grip and quiet. 20000 miles plus.

theskyfox
25-07-2017, 08:57 AM
When it comes to tyres I'd recommend Continental Sport Contact 5 which I've been using and work brilliantly. I'm going to try to go to Sport Contact 6 but not sure they'll make them in the size my car needs...

I always find it's not worth trying to save money on tyres given they're the only thing that actually connects the car to the road.

I second this. Am using 255/35/19 Continental contact 5s at the moment and they are very grippy. The wear seems to be pretty reasonable too. I do not know how expensive they are relative to other tyres though...I got mine in a deal when having my alloys refurbished.

regards

Andrew

Gazwould
25-07-2017, 09:58 AM
I second this. Am using 255/35/19 Continental contact 5s at the moment and they are very grippy. The wear seems to be pretty reasonable too. I do not know how expensive they are relative to other tyres though...I got mine in a deal when having my alloys refurbished.

regards

Andrew

AO or regular 5's ?

theskyfox
25-07-2017, 10:10 PM
I've got a feeling they may be the AO's. Its dark outside right now otherwise I'd go out and check. If I remember to check on my way to work in the morning I'll post back here.

-Andrew

chrishamer
01-08-2017, 10:39 AM
I've got MO's on mine - Mercedes spec ones - and I can tell you that in all honesty, I cannot the difference.

I also have a letter from Continental that says that it's absolutely fine putting MO on an Audi or AO on a Merc - or just using regular ones. Sometimes there are minor optimisations but I think the difference isn't as big as they'd have you believe.