PDA

View Full Version : 1996 Jetta no spark

jpinto101
26-10-2007, 09:35 PM
I have a 1996 Jetta 1.8 liter engine gasoline and have it in the shop for two weeks. the mechanic cannot find the solution to the problem. it has no spark and he has replaced the coil two times. he seems to think that he has received defective parts but i believe that is not the problem. earlier in the summer there was an error reading of cam position sensor. the solution to that was that the timing was not properly done when a timing belt was replaced. the error went away and the car ran much better. now it just died one day and was towed to the shop. he replaced the coil. the car drove down the highway for about 2 miles and died. the car was towed back to the shop and it has sat there for two weeks. is there a crank position sensor on the car and could this be the problem? help:zx11:

RickT
26-10-2007, 10:14 PM
Hello and Welcome to the forum!!

If you drop a post into the Jetta or Golf section im sure you will get this resolved.

Rick

tiredofnospark
07-04-2008, 05:11 PM
Hi, I am another 96 Jetta no spark victim. Did you solve your problem yet. I have also changed distributor cap, coil (twice), rotor, computer.

Thanks