PDA

View Full Version : 64 Audi A7 - Transmission/Dealer issues

Gizzardman
16-06-2017, 04:31 PM
Hi All, Hopefully i can get some good advice from here on a problem with my A7. I purchased it in July 2016 from William Select in Manchester with 38k on the clock. Told all servicing was up to date and that the car has an extended 5 year warranty, so piece of mind.. so i thought.
Last week the car came up with the warning 'Gearbox fault - no reverse available'. The AA came, diagnosed the fault as a software issue?? and towed the vehicle away. I've spoken to my local Audi dealer today to check on the status and they mentioned that they can't see any gearbox oil change being done at 38k. Ive checked with Williams Select who confirmed that only the engine oil and brakes were done but not the gearbox.
How do you think this one sits with regards to ownership of the issue? Audi haven't started to take the gearbox out as yet as they're waiting for me to send confirmation that it was carried out... which i obviously don't have.

Seems like i could be in a bit of a mess?? What do you think?

Thanks

AK88
17-06-2017, 04:12 PM
Take it up with the dealer you bought it from asap, how far over 38k have you done?

is the extended warranty backed up for Approved Audi repairs or 3rd party?, any warranty will have the disclaimer of regular servicing to schedule of the manufacturer which it seems you gearbox hasn't.

Gizzardman
19-06-2017, 12:25 PM
I've done 12k since i bought it last July. The car is still in its 3 year standard warranty period so not sure if Audi will repair under this or use the excuse that the gearbox oil hasn't been changed. Williams, where i bought the car from aren't accepting any responsibility

Thanks for the reply.. appreciated

Alex c
19-06-2017, 03:33 PM
If you bought it with 38,000+ from an Audi Dealer - they should have had that oil changed before selling on. IMO
Fixed price services - Audi UK (https://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/servicing-maintenance-mot/fixed-price-services.html?sc_ppc=p1111461482#/fixPrice?id=20&serviceCode=GSO)

shabazmo
20-06-2017, 12:14 PM
This is tricky, do you have anything that says that the 38K service was carried out, receipts etc. If so, then the garage that did the service failed to carry out the gearbox oil change. Maybe an oil change done now will fix the problem. Its worth a try for £200 for parts and labour.