PDA

View Full Version : B9 Extended Interior Light Pack

derekjspence
11-06-2017, 04:57 PM
Hi all

I took delivery of my new A$ B9 on Wednesday last week. More than happy with almost everything so far. I seem to have an issue with the Extended LED Interior Lighting pack. None of the lights illuminate when I turn ignition on. In order to get them to light up, I have to enter the casr setup options in MMI, select the colour, turn the dial to OFF and then increase the brightness again. This happens every time I start ignition. I cant see this as being by design as it's a lot of work just to have the LEDs light up and I would expect it to be automatic. If it makes any difference, I always have the headlights etc set to AUTO.
Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

Regards and thanks in advance.

yuppyflyer
11-06-2017, 07:40 PM
Are you trying it when it's dark and the headlights are on?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

derekjspence
11-06-2017, 11:34 PM
i actually havent driven at night yet. are the interior lights just supposed to come on when headlights are active?

yuppyflyer
12-06-2017, 07:16 AM
Think that is the case with the extended colour leds in mine.

PaulDiabolo
13-06-2017, 09:51 PM
That's how they work in mine - only when the headlights are active.

derekjspence
24-06-2017, 11:41 PM
You would think I would have checked this before creating a thread. Turns out the LEDs do only come on when the lights are in dipped or full beam. So no issues at all....

yuppyflyer
24-06-2017, 11:46 PM
Select individual and press right button then turn everything up to full brightness and play with the colour combinations, my kids love it !!

Tarquinfintim
04-07-2017, 11:34 AM
Hi, Are these factory fitted or can they be retro fitted as my 2016 A4 doesn't have an option to change the led colour?

yuppyflyer
04-07-2017, 12:52 PM
Factory fit option.

Tarquinfintim
04-07-2017, 04:26 PM
Ok Thanks for the reply. I've been on a few other sites and found out a little more. It would seem they are fitted but, (and this is the bit me and the bloke I was talking to find amazing). Unless it's an option you choose when you buy the car new, the RGB led pack has the wires cut! I haven't had a chance to take the door card off to check if he's right but if it is, I'll post the fix and credit him.