PDA

View Full Version : Golf or Gti version

Lamil
26-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Hi all Just found this site and have a slight problem. I am looking at buying a 2006 1.8t golf from my company. Problem is it has a GTI Turbo badge on the back and am wondering if there is a way to tell if its a gti edition or if someone just badged it. Would numbers in the vin tell me anything?? It only has 11000 miles on it and they dont want much at all but i would rather get the gti. Any ideas on how to tell a difference on these 2 cars??

Thanks for your help.

VanWheeler
26-10-2007, 04:59 PM
As far as I'm aware all the 1.8T are GTi's?

Hi all Just found this site and have a slight problem. I am looking at buying a 2006 1.8t golf from my company. Problem is it has a GTI Turbo badge on the back and am wondering if there is a way to tell if its a gti edition or if someone just badged it. Would numbers in the vin tell me anything?? It only has 11000 miles on it and they dont want much at all but i would rather get the gti. Any ideas on how to tell a difference on these 2 cars??

Thanks for your help.

Lamil
26-10-2007, 09:32 PM
Hmm Im not sure if being in N. America changes that or not. I have seen on the internet 1.8t 2dr Golfs for sale so Im not convinced. Well Im hoping its a Gti and I might just buy it and pretend.. heh. What would you all say is the top maybe 3 things everyone does to their cars ie.. whats considered a definite or "must have" part/tweak. Thanks again for all your help on this.

BarneyBoy
27-10-2007, 07:26 AM

Thanks for your help.

Type the VIN number in here:
http://vag.magic.ro/vw/vindecoder/
That should tell you if it's fake or not.
Good luck!

Lamil
27-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Hey thanks for the help... Figured out its a 2005 Gti. With only 11000miles on it it still seems like a good deal... Thanks again for your help.