PDA

View Full Version : High beam flasher not working

Bear77
02-06-2017, 05:25 PM
Grrrrr! I'm going out to buy a Focus at this rate!! So many electrical gremlins. 2008 Audi A4 (B8) Pulling the stalk toward or pushing away and nothing - no high beams. Doesn't matter whether the headlights are in sidelight, dipped beam or auto mode - it's all the same. Except - and here's the bizarre thing - If I set the lights to 0 (ie. off) and switch on day running lights on the OBC the main beam comes on! But still doesn't react to the stalk.

I've run a diagnosis with a scanner but no fault codes are showing up. Any ideas?

Bear77
02-06-2017, 09:48 PM
Grrrrr! I'm going out to buy a Focus at this rate!! So many electrical gremlins. 2008 Audi A4 (B8) Pulling the stalk toward or pushing away and nothing - no high beams. Doesn't matter whether the headlights are in sidelight, dipped beam or auto mode - it's all the same. Except - and here's the bizarre thing - If I set the lights to 0 (ie. off) and switch on day running lights on the OBC the main beam comes on! But still doesn't react to the stalk.

I've run a diagnosis with a scanner but no fault codes are showing up. Any ideas?

No one?

Gunnark100
02-06-2017, 10:56 PM
[QUOTE=Bear77;1061111]Except - and here's the bizarre thing - If I set the lights to 0 (ie. off) and switch on day running lights on the OBC the main beam comes on! QUOTE]

Someone is coded drl via main-beam!

Nobody knows the real history of this car, locks dont work, highbeams do not work etc etc...show full scan, regardless do you have errors or not and maybe someone will say something!

Bear77
02-06-2017, 11:14 PM
[QUOTE=Bear77;1061111]Except - and here's the bizarre thing - If I set the lights to 0 (ie. off) and switch on day running lights on the OBC the main beam comes on! QUOTE]

Someone is coded drl via main-beam!

Nobody knows the real history of this car, locks dont work, highbeams do not work etc etc...show full scan, regardless do you have errors or not and maybe someone will say something!

History is it was a bereavement car. And no there are no errors! I've shelled out for an ODB reader and nothing showing,

zollaf
03-06-2017, 09:49 AM
what scanner are you using ? is it a generic obd one or one that is able to go into and check all the modules on the car ? vcds can do this , look in the section for someone local that has it ..

Bear77
03-06-2017, 10:54 PM
what scanner are you using ? is it a generic obd one or one that is able to go into and check all the modules on the car ? vcds can do this , look in the section for someone local that has it ..
Thanks again Zollaf for your help. It's a Carista Odb just can't understand why somebody would code the Drl to turn on the high beam, faulty headlight switch???