PDA

View Full Version : Audi A1 DCI after emmissions upgrade

hitrac
30-05-2017, 03:06 PM
I have had the "upgrade" for the emmisions problem on an A1Sportback 1.6l DCi 63 plate.

I think I have problems with poorer fuel consumption ( 5 to 10% ish) and low revs control of the engine. The car does not appear to be as smooth as it was, sometimes "snatchy" when applying power at low revs and not as responsive accelarating from lower revs. It is not always noticeable and so difficult to put a finger on. Sometimes driving in traffice it is not always clear that something didnt perform as well as it should. I had a time of what I would describe as 2 "missfires" at 50 on an open road fully warmed up separated by 3mins each, as a clear example.

I am looking for what was actually done to the engine and any feedback from other owners please.

Gazwould
30-05-2017, 07:01 PM
Welcome to the ecu downgrade duped club .

zollaf
31-05-2017, 12:04 PM
find a mapper to give you a map that works and hopefully you get it done before the egr valve fails and lands you with a bill for a grand.
just had a customer on the phone who had it done, didnt bother calling to ask me, now moaning because the rac said the egr valve needs a clean, in reality it needs a new one.. off to vw to him to see if they will do it for free.

Crasher
31-05-2017, 04:29 PM
Often the recall causes the already marginal EGR valve to fail, this is not the fault of the recall itself, it is that the EGR valve was not fit for purpose in the first place. Currently genuine EGR valves are very difficult to obtain, what comes into stock is gone in a puff of diesel smoke...