PDA

View Full Version : Lights Query

pxr5
24-05-2017, 10:09 AM
Hi,

I have a MY17 A7 with Tech Pack. Just a query on the lights really. I was driving home in bright sunshine and noticed that the side light switch was illuminated (switch in Auto). When I got home I checked the rear lights and they were on. I switched from Auto to off and the side light switch and rear lights were still on. Is this normal? My old C7 A6 didn't do this - the side lights came on when dusky or raining, then to dipped beam when dark. I read the manual and it's not clear what the lights function actually is, but watching a few youtube clips of MY17 A7s driving around in bright light and the rear lights and front DRLs were always on. Thanks.

AT.
24-05-2017, 11:25 AM
Do you mean the DRLs? Well, the DRLs are always on on the front on the A6/C7 too, and there was an option in the VCDS to turn the rear DRLs always on. For me it seems quite normal that it was enabled as a factory default.

M1tchy
24-05-2017, 01:08 PM
For some countries, the rears are switched on too. It's just a case of turning it off with VCDS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pxr5
24-05-2017, 01:12 PM
Thanks guys. For clarity - front DRLs always on (expected). Rear lights are always on (unexpected). Sidelights indication always on whatever the switch position (unexpected).

creampoint
24-05-2017, 02:15 PM
Just to say that my A7 without tech pack has same symptoms as pxr5. Must admit I hadn't really noticed before. Must be a FL thing.