PDA

View Full Version : Discover Nav, is it throwing a wobbly?

jimgironde
15-05-2017, 12:40 PM
I have the 6.5 inch Discover Unit with AID in my MY17.

I sometimes want to check fuel consumption since start/since refuelling/long term.

Whilst I know this is available in AID, I have always checked it on the Discover Unit by pressing the CAR button. With this setting you can get Performance Monitor/Lap Timer/Vehicle Status and Fuel Consumption.

I have only used it for fuel consumption and because of that, whenever I pressed the CAR button it would open with fuel consumption. However, all of a sudden it is as though it is in a demo mode but it isn't. It will open on any of the functions at random and I will need to scroll through to get to fuel consumption. If I leave that on the screen it might suddenly change to lap timer after a couple of minutes and start some random timing of something?

Has anybody else had this and is there a setting I need to restore?

Guest 2
15-05-2017, 05:31 PM
Try rebooting it ... hold in the power button for 10-15 secs until the VW logo appears again.

jimgironde
15-05-2017, 05:44 PM
Try rebooting it ... hold in the power button for 10-15 secs until the VW logo appears again.

Would that make me lose everything i.e., phone contacts, poi, sat nav destinations etc?

Guest 2
15-05-2017, 05:57 PM
Nope, it's just a simple reboot. Not reset.

jimgironde
15-05-2017, 06:10 PM
Nope, it's just a simple reboot. Not reset.

Thanks Chris I will try that tomorrow.