PDA

View Full Version : Question Help. Want to raise Suspension but...

Liber_A4_te
14-05-2017, 09:38 PM
Okay so I am probably the only one that wants to RAISE there cars ride height but...
I purchased my B8 A4 last year and the car seems to have been lowered substantially but unsure how much. I want to raise the car up as the height is too low for me.
How do i determine what springs have been used?
How do I put the car back to stock height (albeit with better springs)?

The car is running on 19" 's line alloys if that makes a difference.

Gazwould
14-05-2017, 11:12 PM
What model is your car , ie , SE , S-line etc ?

Jack it up and post pics here of current springs and shocks , someone might identify .

Liber_A4_te
14-05-2017, 11:16 PM
It's an SE. Springs look relatively new. Don't seem stock as there bright red. (I believe stock are black?). I'll jack the car up tomorrow. Thinking of dropping the alloys down to 18s too for comfort.

Gazwould
15-05-2017, 08:54 AM
Change the suspension first before alloys as 19" help with ride height .

The red springs could be anything , but Eibach Sportline are red and are a lower version of Eibach Pro ( black springs ) hense my suggestion of jacking up and taking pics , dampers to , and record any spring part numbers if visable .

Guest 2
15-05-2017, 09:02 AM
4 new springs from Audi via your VIN will sort your issue.

Gazwould
15-05-2017, 09:44 AM
Best see what dampers he's Rocking first , they might be shorter uprated items .

Audi oem will be a freight of a price .

crsperformance
05-07-2017, 04:25 PM
Hi there

Get 4 standard springs as mentioned above , if they are red they will defo be lowering springs , The only way to get ride nice with lowering springs is to fit a good quality sport shock ( KONI is my advise ) massive imporovement all round , if the ride height is the issue lift it up . Bilstein B3 springs will fix the issue and wont be more than £ 200.00 i guess . I can get a figure for you if neccessary /. ( I am in the industry and looking at advertising on thsi forum asap )