PDA

View Full Version : A7 trip to Audi

Akash
10-05-2017, 09:32 AM
So the A7 went in for mainly a really annoying ticking noise from the wheel (another thread somewhere about it).
We all thought it would be a stone stuck somewhere but as I could not remove the wheel (over-torqued bolts), I gave up and let the master techs deal with it.

Result? It was a 5g wheel weight that was inside the tyre! Who knows how it ended up inside it but it makes complete sense as to why none of us could find this stone in and around the wheel assembly. They retorqued all the wheels to 120 again too.

Fuel cap chord has snapped so this is on order but during investigation, they found something up with the solonoid with the fuel flap and is being replaced
Squeaky seat could not be replicated - I believe this is temp related and as it's now warmer, it won't happen but I'll keep an eye on it - same for the drivers side vent.

Start button has been playing up in that you have to press it all the way down ... fairly harder than a normal button yet it does click with a normal push...just nothing happens. This has found the button to be faulty and awaiting replacement.

Sat nav judder could not be replicated - again this is temp dependant but i'll monitor / record every morning now until it happens just so they can see/hear it - most likely cogs lubricant like the A8 issue back in the day.

Slight enquiry regarding the software ... I did enable needle sweep etc which they could see as an incorrect coding alert on their side - coding was correct but I guess they must have a way to compare original coding to current coding and flag up differences... there is an update that will go on potentially reverting it all back which is fine

Finally, it seems my battery health is not the best for the age so they're looking at potentially replacing this too but need to do a draw check to make sure there are no leaks so to speak

All in all, good day and while above were all niggles, they needed to be dealt with and will be in a few weeks. once again fantastic service by Audi especially as I am quite attentive/obsessive to detail.

I had an Audi A5 new shape for the day which was...interesting to say the least.
Good: New car smell, the way it passes the seat belt to you is pretty cool though reminded me of the movie Christine where the car strangles the owners girlfriend in a fit of jealousy from memory.
The updated mmi was quite nice as was android auto. the DIS was ever so slightly different too in that it had a little bit more colour when it came to advising on what mode the gear was on etc.
LED lighting is nice- it seems the two red dot lights are now white as are the map reading lights. Cup holders also have a nice ring of light in it
I really like the new style rectangle gear shift. It's low and feels great in the hand but also by placing your wrist on it, the mmi wheel is much more usable as it provides stability.
New flat bottom wheel is very nice and the gaps in the middle make it much easier to read the DIS alrea
Door sill lights are a nice touch
I really liked the start button being away from the console and on the drivers side as opposed to the passenger side in open view/accessible by anyone in the A7

Bad: So small! 2.0 TFSI just did not have enough power coming from the 3.0 and it was FWD -something I could really feel the difference.
Boot is tiny and not automatic closing so that caught me out a few times.
Cup holders do not hold a bottle
the SOS and i button on the overhead console caught me out as it starts dialling but I did cancel it quickly
While I liked the new modern heating display panel, I did not like the silly toggle style switches at all.
Plenty of knocking sounds when driving...strange for a car with a few thousand on the clock but I have found this with the older A5 too - maybe being abused by customers who knows
No auto brake (the green P ) though the gear has a P button on it which seems to take it out of D and into P but does not engage the e-brake.

I am glad I'm in the A7 now though :- )

wildbeeste
01-06-2017, 09:39 PM
Interesting update.
I have just had the "motor" replaced on my fuel cap so it may be a weak spot
I mentioned to dealer that the sat nav had stuck once and wondered if there would be a fault code; two days later they called to say there was no fault code but that they would be upgrading the mechanism as that is a known issue!
This was unexpected but I am not unhappy with the service under the warranty.
On the internal size of the A5 I sat in the front of the A3 and A5 convertibles in the show room and struggled to discern a meaningful difference when moving between the two; the A5 is just too cramped for what it should be IMO.

I also have the needle sweep activated but now cannot access the green menu as any visit to the dealers seems to deactivate the access combination

It also has resulted in me not being able to access the audi connect as the pin code is now wrong. I must mention this to the dealer next time but not a major issue

DEF33
03-06-2017, 10:59 AM
Same for me. Fuel flap failure (2011 car). Replaced under warranty. Looked about online and it did seem to be something that had happened to others. I noticed my drain hole was blocked when it failed. May be coincidence, but will make sure new one is always clear.

Akash
08-06-2017, 11:37 AM
Yours sounds like the actual flap? Mine was the cap or more importantly, the band that connects it to the flap area.

As an update: Just got mine back today -

Squeak from the vent: Fixed by some lubricant
Battery: It did indeed have a drain it seems. Again I've never had an issue in starting etc but I did have it on a ctek charger most weekends so it's possible that is what saved me having a dead battery in the morning.
Start/stop button: Replaced button. The fact I did not realise anything was wrong suggests this has fixed it as I would have pressed the button no different to the loan car which was perfect.
Fuel Cap: Replaced too

All in all, very happy - everything was covered under warranty. Only bits that did not get seen to due to not being able to replicate was the squeaky seat and sat nav judder. Both are temperature dependant so I suspect this will rear its ugly head in the winter again

I had a 17-plate A5 this time 2.0 TDI unlike the TFSI as per first post.
Car seemed to behave a lot better than the petrol and felt like something I quite enjoyed

The good/bad still stand as per initial post however the toggle switches annoyed me even more this time round especially as I found out they're touch sens. too!
The rattles remained in this one too - One I fixed by clipping the parcel shelf in properly but another remained.
As like most loaners, this one was no different in that the previous person had clearly used it rough and probably also used to transport rubbish to the dump. I was the first one in so they didnt get a chance to clean it (I'm fine with this ) but it was just such a shame that at 3500 miles, the door had a clear dent in the leather (inside) and there were scratches all over the console area, foot prints behind the front seats and so on.

Ah well, back in mine so time to enjoy!