PDA

View Full Version : Audi A3 2.0 tdi bkd 2005 cold start problem ☹️!

RevoA3Audi
06-05-2017, 08:22 PM
Hello Gents,Right then don't know where to start really, cold start problem still persistent 🙁, Never had a problem until the tandem pump was changed always started first time reason for the pump being changed as there was oil in the fuel filter housing also in the tank really starting to think it's the cylinder head it doesn't use a drop of coolant, only thing I've noticed when it start get a smell of diesel it's cost me a small fortune everything I can think of has been replaced right then I'll list the parts now
,Genuine tandem pump
,Genuine lift pump
,Cambelt kit
,Turbo Garret unit
,Brake servo pipes
,New Battery
,Starter motor
,Coolant sensor's
,Fuel temperature sensor
,Glow plugs
Cylinder head code is B, Would really appreciate if anybody could help kind regards

grant19841
06-05-2017, 08:30 PM
If you squirt a bit of easy start in the intake (after the maf) on a cold start, will it start straight away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RevoA3Audi
06-05-2017, 09:09 PM
Hi Grant, I haven't used easy start after the maf whats this do ? Kind regards

grant19841
06-05-2017, 09:19 PM
It's a test fuel test supply, basically you spray it into the intake and try to crank the engine.

If it starts straight away from cold then it's a good change it's fuel related.

How long does it take to start from cold?

RevoA3Audi
06-05-2017, 09:39 PM
It's takes 10/15 seconds to start thanks you Grant

grant19841
06-05-2017, 09:49 PM
Perhaps the fuel pressure is low, try a bit of easy start and go from there.

RevoA3Audi
07-05-2017, 05:48 PM
Hello everybody, right then today I can confirm that my engine is blowing really bad got the temperature up to 90c loosened the oil filler cap with it running the cap dancing round like crazy almost blowing it off, also blowing at the dip stick engine blow-by ain't it the problem is that I've stuck far to much money in to it now so it's look like a engine rebuild job for me now proper gutted 😢 ???

grant19841
07-05-2017, 06:11 PM
Compression test it and leak down test it.