PDA

View Full Version : Question A3 cabriolet owners out there?

patomlin76
06-05-2017, 11:26 AM
Hi,

After a few years away from VWAF owning two 3 series - an E90 and F30, I'm ready for a first venture into soft top motoring.

Due to budget and slight equity in my current car I'm pretty much decided on the A3 2014-5 cabriolet (not having test driven yet)...

I'd like to know from any owners what rear legroom is like - as my only requirement is that I can fit a 4, 7 and 10 year old in, as I do the morning school run. I've read it's best in class for rear legroom compared to the 2 series...

Looks a great looking car I must say!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patomlin76
08-05-2017, 10:42 AM
Answered my own question this weekend having found the time to take the youngest (in a car seat) and try out at a local dealer.

There looks like there won't be a problem fitting everyone in, and even with the drivers seat in my position, I was able to sit behind myself in relative comfort - being 6ft3, that's quite impressive.

Another point to make is as the rear headrests are removable, there won't be an issue for the use and fitting of high-back booster seats.

I know very few people will consider this car with children in mind but I've found it can work, just remember there's no middle third seat in the rear!

Noswal
21-05-2017, 07:23 AM
Did you buy one?, I've just bought a 1.4 TFSI S-Line Convertible to replace my MX5.

patomlin76
24-07-2017, 09:52 PM
Yes! I finally bought one last weekend, a higher spec than I was originally looking for, just like yours.

S-Line 2.0 tdi with a lot of bells & whistles added on, only 18,000 miles on the clock for a 3 year old car. I was initially looking for petrol due to the current media attention, but the fact it's an EU6 engine settled my nerves.

Hope you're enjoying yours, I never appreciated the benefits of neck-warmers until I actually tried it on the way home today!

Noswal
25-07-2017, 08:21 AM
Yes! I finally bought one last weekend, a higher spec than I was originally looking for, just like yours.

S-Line 2.0 tdi with a lot of bells & whistles added on, only 18,000 miles on the clock for a 3 year old car. I was initially looking for petrol due to the current media attention, but the fact it's an EU6 engine settled my nerves.

Hope you're enjoying yours, I never appreciated the benefits of neck-warmers until I actually tried it on the way home today!

OOOOOOhhhhhh-neck warmers, don't have that but I wish I had.
I've only ever seen 1 car with it fitted & none on the Audi official used car section!!.
It's the 1st thing on my list if I ever I order one from new!!.

Enjoy