PDA

View Full Version : Our Sharan is a swimming pool........

ziggi
20-08-2006, 08:30 PM
Please help, Our lovely Sharan is leaking rain water in the passenger side, it seems to collect in a tray at the top of the bonnet and when we drive it floods in, and falls down behind the glove compartment, when I say a leak I mean it is like turning a tap on.

We need to find out how it is getting in and how to seal it. The leak seems to have become worse.

Thanks... Ziggi.

stuart
21-08-2006, 07:16 PM
Could be leaking through the pollon filter... has this been changed recently? If it is not put back or sealed correct this can cause this to happen.

STuart

RedOne
21-08-2006, 09:50 PM
could be you have blocked drain holes which are located at either end under the windscreen. Try flushing out with a hose. Quite difficult to reach the area so best to put the wipers on then switch the key off at mid travel, this stops the wipers in the vertical position and allows easier access to the drain holes. I had the same problem and now flush out the drains every six months or so.

ziggi
22-08-2006, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the advise, will let you know what works.

Ziggi.

ziggi
25-08-2006, 11:50 PM
Hi red,

You were right it was blocked drainage, it has solved a very big problem.
Thanks again..

Ziggi

carelectrician.co.uk
05-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Hi, does your sharan have the alarm/windows central ecu in the floor under the passenger front seat? if so make sure it wasn't water damaged!