PDA

View Full Version : Active Info Display & Discovery Navigation (Standard)

davja
03-05-2017, 12:39 PM
Can anyone help please. I'm about to purchase a 2017 GT which comes with active info and the basic discovery navigation (6.5 inch screen). I like the idea of being able to transfer the map to the Active Info Display but I'm not sure if this is possible without upgrading to the navigation pro. If anyone knows or has this set up and can help I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

David

Guest 2
03-05-2017, 06:29 PM
I have the standard Discover nav and Active Info Display, it doesn't show the map in the clocks. It needs the Pro but the AID works very well without the nav feature.

davja
03-05-2017, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the reply Chris. I'm distance buying so haven't had the chance to see the AID in action. A bit disappointed as that was a big selling point for me. Is there any link up to the navigation at all in the AID such as speed limit or nav directions (turn in ...50yds etc).? Appreciate your help.

Guest 2
04-05-2017, 06:01 AM
Yeah it still displays the route information such as arrows etc, I'll take some pictures later today and post them up.

davja
04-05-2017, 07:29 AM
Thanks very much, I would really appreciate that.

skca54q
04-05-2017, 11:39 AM
I have the basic 6.5" navigation and the Active Info Display.

You can display the map in the AID between the dials - just not at the same time as in the Infotainment.

The speed limits are only displayed in the Infotainment, though.

Guest 2
04-05-2017, 11:43 AM
I have the basic 6.5" navigation and the Active Info Display.

You can display the map in the AID between the dials - just not at the same time as in the Infotainment.

The speed limits are only displayed in the Infotainment, though.

Haven't came across that yet, so to get it up you just keep the Discover on say, radio screen and then select the Navigation "view" on the AID?

skca54q
04-05-2017, 11:49 AM
You can select the NAV view and then you can toggle the map on and off in the option from the wheel controls.

There is also a soft button on the Infotainment (at the bottom tight) which toggles the map between the Infotainment and the AID. I find the map being directly there an added bonus on my 2017 GT. If you select Traffic - the map does not dislay which is a pain.

Guest 2
04-05-2017, 11:55 AM
I must try that when the car comes back later on, I have an early MY2016 GT Bi-Turbo so my software and hardware may not be same as the current MY2017.

Will give it a go however!

jimgironde
05-05-2017, 08:19 AM
Can anyone help please. I'm about to purchase a 2017 GT which comes with active info and the basic discovery navigation (6.5 inch screen). I like the idea of being able to transfer the map to the Active Info Display but I'm not sure if this is possible without upgrading to the navigation pro. If anyone knows or has this set up and can help I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

David

David

I have the 2017 GT with the 6.5 inch screen and can transfer the map to display on the Active Info Display. This is done at the touch of a button.

hope that helps

Guest 2
05-05-2017, 08:52 AM
I must try that when the car comes back later on, I have an early MY2016 GT Bi-Turbo so my software and hardware may not be same as the current MY2017.

Will give it a go however!

Nope didn't work, not too worried however as I usually just keep the dash on the digital speedometer anyway.

Must be a newer revision of the cluster or software in it.

jimgironde
05-05-2017, 08:58 AM
Nope didn't work, not too worried however as I usually just keep the dash on the digital speedometer anyway.

Must be a newer revision of the cluster or software in it.

My car was delivered in Sept 2016 and I think it was new to the spec at that point.

Guest 2
05-05-2017, 09:09 AM
Mine was built early in 2016 so still a MY2016 but registered on a 66 plate, it was a showroom car so came pretty well specced bar the Discover Pro. It came with heated steering wheel, reversing camera, AID and is the GT spec trim.

jimgironde
05-05-2017, 09:29 AM
Mine was built early in 2016 so still a MY2016 but registered on a 66 plate, it was a showroom car so came pretty well specced bar the Discover Pro. It came with heated steering wheel, reversing camera, AID and is the GT spec trim.

Having said that, I have only viewed the sat nav on the AID a couple of times at the beginning and it didn't suit me.

I have had built in sat navs on my previous cars for circa 15 years and I guess I am used to looking across to the radio unit. I also find the alternative information can be displayed in a format I prefer on the AID compared to the Discover unit.

So to sum up it is all down to personal preferences and I am happy with the way I use it!

davja
05-05-2017, 10:38 PM
Thanks vey much. Pick it up tomorrow so will let you all know. It's new but pre registered 31/3/17.

YawnGumbo
10-05-2017, 12:57 PM
Not entirely linked as I have both the Discover Pro and AID, but I must say that one of the stand out features of the AID is when it's displaying the navigation map. It is so much easier to glance down at the map there than on the Discover Pro. Therefore, if you can get it working then I highly recommend having the map showing on the AID.

Guest 2
17-05-2017, 03:45 PM
Do any of you who have the standard SD Discover Nav and AID have VCDS? Just want to compare your instrument panel and 5F controller to mine, thanks.