PDA

View Full Version : sat nav issues

ismart
01-05-2017, 10:15 AM
On a motorway my sat nav keeps on instructing me to exit at junctions and then get go back on the motorway at the same junction. This is truly annoying behaviour. Does anyone else experience this? Its the discovery media version in an se business. All maps are up to date.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

djmx5
27-07-2017, 08:11 AM
ISmart.......did you resolve this?
I have the same issue......

ismart
27-07-2017, 06:23 PM
unfortunately I have not. The dealership is not particularly helpful either.

There are quite a few issues with the software as well as this one. The craziest is where the display spins around just by the hospital in Swindon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

djmx5
31-07-2017, 03:53 PM
Okay thanks for the update. This is the first problem I have had with the car since taking delivery in 2015. Doesn't surprise me of the response from VW....I avoid them if possible. hope you manage to get it sorted also. I understand there is an update for the satnav but I seldom travel, and as it works most of the time as it should, I think I will leave well alone.
Cheers
D

lozzer62
02-08-2017, 10:10 AM
Hi,

Yes, my SAT-Nav does this when it senses that there is traffic on the motorway (it doesn't even need to be heavy traffic). I agree, it's annoying and totally unnecessary. I reported it to VW, but they never even acknowledged the email.

YawnGumbo
02-08-2017, 01:27 PM
Try the VW UK Twitter feed - they seem to respond quicker than on email.

djmx5
02-08-2017, 02:33 PM
Coming back form North Yorks Monday....sat nav informed me that due to heavy/stationary traffic on my planned route, it decided on an alternative and as a consequence I avoided any delay.....now that's clever!
I therefore have to conclude that perhaps it is working fine apart from the odd blip...
As regards your suggestion yawnGumbo......I have yet to twit....
Cheers both
D