PDA

View Full Version : Dragging ??

Mike Willis
13-04-2017, 04:49 PM
Hi all. New to Audis and diesels but have just bought a 2007 111k 2.0 tdi A3. Love the car and everything about it apart from an annoying glitch. On my journey home there is a hill down to a junction which is mostly queued up. Wait in neutral until traffic moves then gradually roll down at less than 5mph holding back on the brake. While doing this it feels as though you are in gear and slipping the clutch as there is a jerky feeling through the seat, also noticed the tick over can drop off before recovering. When you release the brake it's fine. The brakes have no judder or vibration at all during normal driving and the jerkiness seems to come from the engine. Any ideas ?? Thanks

Rob69
13-04-2017, 07:12 PM
Get a scan for fault codes, has it got cruise control ? Thinking it could be related to the brake pedal switch, could be lots of things though.

Mike Willis
13-04-2017, 07:25 PM
Get a scan for fault codes, has it got cruise control ? Thinking it could be related to the brake pedal switch, could be lots of things though.
Thanks for that. Yes it's got cruise control but it's always off, never used it, don't like it. In hindsight you could be spot on about the brake light switch because if I put the handbrake on and take my foot off the brake it's ok. But how can the switch cause this ??