PDA

View Full Version : Map Updates by SD Card

pxr5
09-04-2017, 06:05 PM
Hi all,

Just got round to getting a SIM into my A7 today and got all that side of things working OK. Regarding the map updates:

I assume that SD card is the way to go as the SIM is only 12GB for a year. I checked the cueent Nav database version in the car, but how do I know whether an update is available as the one from Audi Connect on my PC doesn't show what newer versions there are?

Secondly can I just download the GB/Ireland maps, or the whole 13GB.

Finally how do I actually use the SD Card to update the maps in the car, does it matter which SD slot it goes into, and what menu item do I select to perform the update, does it take long (13GB is a large amount of data to be sat in the car with the ignition on)?

P.S. Does anyone use the Audi MMI Connect app om their phone?

Thanks.

Akash
09-04-2017, 07:00 PM
For the main update, I decided to go via SD route- A6 I did it online and it did take an age but more importantly, I was on a 30GB sim plan so I had enough...now I've got a pre-loaded 12GB sim so 13GB as you found is too much. It's really easy via SD too.

I would just do a check on whether there are updates via the update screen in the car but not actually do the download
The currently installed version can be found in the MMI under -> Setup MMI -> Version information -> Navigation database country versions.

If you go to the myaudi site, you can download individual country packages or the whole whack although its more region rather than individual countries (ie: GB, Ireland, Iceland)

SD Card - I think it's any slot but I went via SD slot 2 from memory, went into the settings>update menu and it started the update.
I can't remember how long it took but from memory I think it does a certain amount when the engine is running/key in but does the actual install/update when you switch the car off

I use the app on the phone too

I can update tomorrow the actual menu to update but it's quite easy to find it - i think it's the car > Setup MMI (top right)> system update from memory

pxr5
09-04-2017, 07:17 PM
Akash,

Thanks so much.

I currently have V03959801FB 0153 ECE 2016/2017.

But how do I know that the ones on MyAudi are any newer than that (or not)? The car was registered Oct 16, so I'm assuming the current maps are the ones that came with the car then.

Akash
10-04-2017, 08:39 AM
I did mine fresh from SD second week of March when I got the car and mine was a full update:
V03959801FC 0157 ECE 2017

I know on the MyAudi site it states updates are released every 6 months - what I do not know is whether ECE 2016/2017 means thats the second update of 2016 and in my case where it states it's 2017, that would generally mean the first update of 2017 (so I would then expect the next set to be 2017/2018 in June or whatever the 6 months is).... or whether it means you have some countries on 2016 and others on 2017 - maybe someone can chime in or you can check in your version information screen on what the individual countries are...

But it does seem to mean that there are updates for yours to bring it in-line with 2017 latest

pxr5
10-04-2017, 01:38 PM
That's great information - thanks Akash. Certainly looks like there is an update, so I'll go ahead and do the full download.

pxr5
13-04-2017, 04:13 PM
Just done the map update - 13GB download, then took about 30 minutes in my car to do the actual update from a 32GB SD card. So I didn't have the latest as it now shows:

V03959801FC 0157 ECE 2017