PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Lag

CH11
02-04-2017, 09:30 PM
Hi

I have just taken delivery of a new S4 (had a 2014 S4 befor this one) to find it has throttle lag. It mainly occurs when you hit the throttle fast and quite hard I.E. as you would in busy traffic to pull out fast. The car / engine just does not respond for what appears one or two seconds and then it takes off and accelerates well. It does appear throttle related and not turbo as nothing at all happens for this short time. I have also driven a new S5 which appears to have a similar issue. Has anyone else noticed this issue with their B9 series cars.

Rusyp
03-04-2017, 10:24 AM
Hi,

Yep, exactly the same on mine as well (A3). Only noticeable when pulling out of junctions and onto roundabouts in a hurry. Under normal gentle driving it's not noticeable or a problem. I've just learned to live with as the main dealer says there is nothing wrong.

grantyboy
03-04-2017, 03:57 PM
The same happens to me all the time and it can be quite embarrassing not to mention dangerous when it does catch you out.
The gearbox takes some getting used to and I'm still struggling to cope with it after 3 months of practice.
I wish I had opted for the manual version, it can be quite a chore to drive at times and definitely takes the shine off a good car.

CH11
03-04-2017, 04:11 PM
Have you both reported it to your local AUDI dealer so that they submit it to Audi Head office, I have been told they will require a number of complaints before they will look into any issues.

grantyboy
03-04-2017, 04:29 PM
I've been back to the dealer twice and the chief gearbox technician took it for an extended test drive. He reported back that all was fine and it is a trait of the car. He did say that the car will "learn" my driving style and adapt to it over time.
I think it must be a bit of a slow learner because it's not adapting too well at the moment.
I'm going to give it another month or two to see if things improve, if not I'll seriously consider changing for a manual, I really need to feel more comfortable and secure then I do at the moment.

Crasher
03-04-2017, 08:16 PM
Have it remapped.