PDA

View Full Version : Three A6s - now an A7 owner

pxr5
02-04-2017, 04:36 PM
Hi all,

Just collected my A7 from the dealers - yay. My last three cars were A6s and I was hankering after something a bit different. My son bought a scirocco last year and I fell in love with it, so I'd convinced myself that this was to be my next car. My wife thought otherwise (too old for a scirocco (52!!), she said and it's not you). Anyway I kept looking for a good deal with the intention of getting one in the Autumn of this year. But that changed when my wife once more said that she thought I shouldn't get a scirocco and what about an A7 instead of an A6 - oops, fatal. I had looked at A5s and A7s in the past, but while I really do love the A7, it was then a bit out of my price range.

Them I saw Akash's threads about changing from an A6 to A7 in the A6 forum and how good his loaner quattro A7 was, then the subsequent purchase of his own A7 (all my previous A6s have ben 2.0 TDIs). Four weeks ago my A6 was in for its MOT and service and I just mentioned to the dealer I may be looking at getting an A7 in the Autumn. He gave me their demonstator A7 - a 2017, Missano red BE, 272 - to drive in. Absolutely gorgeous and it was nothing like my A6. They had a Mythos Black, BE, 66 plate in stock (FL, 272 ps, tech pack, parking pack, folding mirrors, low mileage) on the forecourt, but it was too much for me, so I left it at that and didn't even view it. But, during the week they dropped it 3K, then the next day another 1K - which put it just in my price range. After a decent price on my A6 and a bit of a haggle, the deal was done. That was 3 weeks ago and I collected it on Saturday (had to wait until then due to other comittments). How you guys order new, then wait months is beyond me as waiting three weeks has been bad enough.

I can't believe how much better the quattro is than my front wheel drive 2.0 177 A6, and the whole experience is just superb. Anyway some pics after a detail today (I don't blame Akash at all btw lol).

Akash
02-04-2017, 04:45 PM
Congrats ! Glad I could...help! Loaners are a dangerous game and I just keep falling for it but I think this time the A7 is for keeps
I don't regret jumping ship one bit since I got the A7 - Just watch those 21" alloys - they stick out a lot when turning and enough to scrape past a kerb as I found out exactly 2 weeks to the day

They are very well specced out of the box but you have the parking pack (not so important to me) and the folding mirrors (important!) on mine - I thought I could live without the folding mirrors as the A6 had them but I am finding more and more they are so useful. That along with the rear cam. Both are potential retrofits happening in the next 6 months

Enjoy the car although I do not miss Mythos Black one bit when it comes to the constant cleaning :- )

M1tchy
02-04-2017, 06:07 PM
Lovely motor. Welcome to the A7 club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pxr5
02-04-2017, 06:53 PM
Thanks guys.

Akash, yeah the parking pack I would never spec, and will probably never use, but the reversing camera and the folding mirrors are very handy (both new to me)

Mythos black? I don't mind really and it was the colour I really wanted. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to car cleaning - so it's a new challenge lol. I did the full works on it all day today (outside only, inside tomorrow) - full decon (deiron, detar, clay, cleanse, polish, wax). Wheels done too and sealed, windows polished.

One thing I noticed though - I set everything up yesterday, but after I'd cleaned it, some of the settings had reset - notably the folding mirrors, central locking and what was last displayed on the DIS, Hopefully just a blip as it was OK the last 2 times i checked it.

Andymcdonald
02-04-2017, 07:38 PM
Thanks guys.

Akash, yeah the parking pack I would never spec, and will probably never use, but the reversing camera and the folding mirrors are very handy (both new to me)

Mythos black? I don't mind really and it was the colour I really wanted. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to car cleaning - so it's a new challenge lol. I did the full works on it all day today (outside only, inside tomorrow) - full decon (deiron, detar, clay, cleanse, polish, wax). Wheels done too and sealed, windows polished.

One thing I noticed though - I set everything up yesterday, but after I'd cleaned it, some of the settings had reset - notably the folding mirrors, central locking and what was last displayed on the DIS, Hopefully just a blip as it was OK the last 2 times i checked it.

You'll love it, had mine 2 years now. I'd probably buy another which for me is very rare. Nice cleaning job. Washed mine today also https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170402/ca0ddaf635700f92736d3976a75d6209.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170402/edbe7ffa509dc0baf0f55c26354f759c.jpg

M1tchy
02-04-2017, 10:55 PM
Cleaned mine today too. No pics though - as the wife wanted hers doing and it came up better :-(

pxr5
03-04-2017, 11:04 AM
..and I got up this morning and my lovely new, shiney car was covered in bird cr*p. :mad:

Akash
03-04-2017, 11:17 AM
Exactly why I went away from black - all the previous ones have been black Audis and the birds just love opening their wings and dropping their loads on it. The silver so far touch-wood has not been hit at all despite parking at work in the same spots as I would have with the black.

Get cleaning before that poo marks the paint!

AT.
03-04-2017, 11:34 AM
..and I got up this morning and my lovely new, shiney car was covered in bird cr*p. :mad:

Teach them the rule :)

Peter Poops on Pigeons Car - Family Guy - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE9az5LeIYg)

pxr5
03-04-2017, 01:04 PM
Haha, good one AT.

I removed the droppings immediately of course lol. I always carry some QD and an MF in my car for such eventualities (sad huh?). I did read once that shiny cars attract birds as they see it as water, and prefer to poop in it - hence why they always go for recently cleaned ones. At least I haven't got one of these:

Akash
03-04-2017, 01:49 PM
Funny you post that - although they're avoiding my car now, there is one bird at work (flying type not human) who jumps from mirror to mirror admiring him/herself
I'm getting some black covers for the mirrors or rather looking for some to hopefully avoid it as I'm pretty sure it's pecking at the glass thinking it's another bird

pxr5
13-04-2017, 04:16 PM
Just watch those 21" alloys - they stick out a lot when turning and enough to scrape past a kerb as I found out exactly 2 weeks to the day

Yep just done the same today. I've never kerbed an alloy before. Damn, just around the rim. I was turning left and a guy was coming up the road in the middle of the raod, so I turned more sharply than normal and I hit the back wheel.

M1tchy
13-04-2017, 05:35 PM
I've just had a full refurb of all of mine due to the odd mark and Audi returning one after damaging it - THE WRONG COLOUR!

They look amazing now

http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/af211/mitchy1408/8120BA33-AD43-4D0D-BA3F-6EB0D567D2DC_zpslprbh57w.jpg (http://s1009.photobucket.com/user/mitchy1408/media/8120BA33-AD43-4D0D-BA3F-6EB0D567D2DC_zpslprbh57w.jpg.html)

http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/af211/mitchy1408/4CAD1B90-5875-4485-B2AC-2F690E13514F_zpsnya28yyj.jpg (http://s1009.photobucket.com/user/mitchy1408/media/4CAD1B90-5875-4485-B2AC-2F690E13514F_zpsnya28yyj.jpg.html)

AK88
13-04-2017, 10:39 PM
congrats on the buy and it sounds like you got a great deal,

I also have black, stunning straight after a full detail,

Alex c
18-04-2017, 12:26 PM
Welcome! Had mine for 3 years at the end of May - extremely hard to think about changing it for anything else as they're so well spec'd. Unless you go for an S7... or dare I say it, the RS7! :aargh4:

Neil-A
21-04-2017, 01:53 AM
Lovely cars guys and welcome too.

Im still a newbie here too and learning the ropes. This is my first A7, bought last November and loving it more everyday! What I love is when you park up and then as you walk away take another look, thinking what sexy looking car!! For me this is the right car and cant think of what I would want to change to, which is a good thing believe me! Im hoping this makes it past the yearly change which I am renowned for as love changing cars.

My only gripe is the audio quality from my base standard system but that's another thread, going well though :)

A7 3.0TDI OOLONG Grey Sline Quattro 2011