PDA

View Full Version : Apple CarPlay - virtual cockpit

cowcatcher
13-03-2017, 08:40 PM
I've been using Spotify through apple CarPlay which works fine in the main but doesn't show any song titles or artists on the virtual cockpit screen. Everything comes up as 'unknown'. Audi have said that it's a software issue with no known fix at the moment [emoji848]. One of their technicians tried it on a brand new A5 with the same results.

Anyone else got the same problem??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

srbsq7
19-03-2017, 09:17 AM
Pretty sure I had the same issue. I switched to Apple Music last year as I got fed up with the buggy Spotify app and found that it works better in the car (as you would expect). Also using Siri via CarPlay / steering wheel button to select music.

cowcatcher
19-03-2017, 09:47 AM
So a Spotify issue rather than a VC issue? Normally don't have an issue with Spotify, the app is far better than it used to be. I'm going to load some music into my phone music library and try that

srbsq7
22-03-2017, 11:34 PM
Was testing new Amazon Music app in CarPlay today and tried Spotify and it showed up okay in VC? I have Q7 but would expect the same in any of the new Audis?

cowcatcher
24-05-2017, 10:10 PM
Audi U.K. have informed me that there is a software update due to be tested, and want to test it on my car.