PDA

View Full Version : Question Oil Pressure Red Light

andreiluca
11-03-2017, 12:19 PM
Hi,

I've just had the oil changed 2 weeks ago and everything was fine until yesterday when i turned on the engine and 2 minutes later when started driving the Oil Pressure Red light came on. Ive stopped the engine and turned it back on a few minutes later and the light didnt come back on.
Started driving again, and now everything seems to be fine.
Any ideas?
The oil pressure sensor was also replaced 2 weeks ago.
Audi a6 2008 2.0 TDI CVT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crasher
11-03-2017, 07:50 PM
The oil pump drive is probably slipping, stop driving it or you will destroy the turbo and then the engine which will render the car scrap.

andreiluca
11-03-2017, 08:21 PM
The oil pump drive is probably slipping, stop driving it or you will destroy the turbo and then the engine which will render the car scrap.

Thank you, and in order to fix it do i need to replace the oil pump?

andreiluca
11-03-2017, 08:30 PM

Is there any way to check if the pump drive is slipping considering it only happened once? Drove the car home yesterday fine Nd to work today no issues.

Gazwould
11-03-2017, 10:08 PM
Engine code ?

Stop driving the car otherwise it's goodbye engine and turbo , these engines have a awful history with lost oil pump drive .

Read.. V important .

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/attachments/audibalshaftmag-jpg.61621/

Ignore the chain , chain sprocket and tensioner as yours will be gear driven .

andreiluca
11-03-2017, 11:11 PM
Engine code ?

Stop driving the car otherwise it's goodbye engine and turbo , these engines have a awful history with lost oil pump drive .

Read.. V important .

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/attachments/audibalshaftmag-jpg.61621/

Ignore the chain , chain sprocket and tensioner as yours will be gear driven .

Engine code BRE
Thanks for your help!

andreiluca
11-03-2017, 11:25 PM
Engine code BRE
Thanks for your help!

And how do i fix it? Replace oil pump?

Gazwould
11-03-2017, 11:39 PM
Kit 9 .

Oil Pumps - KMB Parts Direct (http://www.kmbpartsdirect.co.uk/oil_pumps.html#kit9)

andreiluca
12-03-2017, 12:14 AM
Kit 9 .

Oil Pumps - KMB Parts Direct (http://www.kmbpartsdirect.co.uk/oil_pumps.html#kit9)

Thanks a lot,really appreciate!

I don't really know much about cars obviously, but could this not be just a sensor error or something, as the light only came on once?
Will a diagnose show any error codes?

Gazwould
12-03-2017, 12:39 AM
You need to fix this oil pump drive with the above kit regardless , asap , as oem 77mm has basic multiple engineering monstrosities .

andreiluca
12-03-2017, 03:35 AM
You need to fix this oil pump drive with the above kit regardless , asap , as oem 77mm has basic multiple engineering monstrosities .

Thanks mate, I've read the article now and with your comments I understand.
Sorry it took me a while [emoji3]

I will buy kit 9 1st thing Monday morning and get it replaced. Any idea how much an independent garage might charge?

Crasher
12-03-2017, 04:40 PM
Any idea how much an independent garage might charge?

It isn't a quick job as the subframe has to be dropped down and as the engine is partially supported by the subframe, the engine will need holding up across the inner wings with a suitable cross brace to allow the subframe to be removed. Remind your garage that the subframe bolts MUST be replaced and that if they do not have the subframe alignment pins, the front wheel alignment will need checking.

andreiluca
13-03-2017, 11:00 AM
It isn't a quick job as the subframe has to be dropped down and as the engine is partially supported by the subframe, the engine will need holding up across the inner wings with a suitable cross brace to allow the subframe to be removed. Remind your garage that the subframe bolts MUST be replaced and that if they do not have the subframe alignment pins, the front wheel alignment will need checking.

Thank you very much for your help!