PDA

View Full Version : Passat GTE Advance ordered

bensonMF
10-03-2017, 06:01 PM
Hi All,

Just ordered my GTE Advance this week as my new company car. It's replacing my Skoda VRS Tdi Estate, which I must say is a great car to drive, even if the interior is a bit cheap!
Chose the Passat due to the low tax I'll be paying compared to a diesel equivalent. Plus it comes with loads of gadgets.

Specs:

VW Passat 1.4 Tsi GTE Advance
Estate Automatic
Metallic Indium Grey
Nappa Leather Titan Black

Didn't add any options as it comes well specced anyway. Looking forward to trying all the different drive modes!

Delivery due end of May, so will add some pics.

Thanks,

Ben.

stuart
10-03-2017, 06:04 PM
What is the difference between the GTE and the GTE Advanced? Cant work it out from the website, engine seems identical..... Is it equipment related? Been looking at a hybrid for myself in the future and quite like the Passat :)

bensonMF
11-03-2017, 10:56 PM
Yes it's the equipment level that's different, the engine's the same. For about £3.6k extra you get a panoramic roof, active display, different alloys, full leather seats, discover pro sat nav system, premium led lights and area view. Probably not worth the extra if it's your own money but as it's a company car I just went for it. It will be interesting to see how the performance compares to my VRS, on paper it's got more power but weighs more.

Hillbeley
14-06-2018, 05:45 PM
BensonMF,
Have you had the GTE yet?
I am switching from my A6 Sline Stronic Estate to a GTE Advanced Estate for the same reason as you - cash, but I'm obviously interested in how it will compare.
Atlantic Blue + St Tropez
N35029