PDA

View Full Version : Connect ipod??

Dave St
24-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Hi
I have an 05 A4 with the Concert type radio, can anyone tell me how to connect an ipod?
I guess there is some sort of port in the back of the radio to connect a cable to, can anyone help.
Thanks
Dave

bora(ing) nick
24-10-2007, 06:51 PM
Hi
I have an 05 A4 with the Concert type radio, can anyone tell me how to connect an ipod?
I guess there is some sort of port in the back of the radio to connect a cable to, can anyone help.
Thanks
Dave

Hi and welcome to the forum....

To do the job properly and use the original stereo to access all of your ipods menu's i'd reccommend an xcarlink (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=15672) kit. Theres a discount available to members of the forum as well

Nick

Dave St
24-10-2007, 08:13 PM
Thanks for that, had a look on website, was looking for a £15 cable option rather than this £75 system, nevermind i will keep looking.
Dave

madfella65
28-10-2007, 02:00 AM
Dave St, the genuine connection - though does not show artist / album info etc on screen is an excellent purchase (i have one!) though is £70, but for £15 you wont get much more than an FM Transmitter - which IMO aren't worth buying! But thats just my opinion! :)

rick_s
31-10-2007, 01:55 PM
madfella, did you fit yours yourself? Are these are easy to fit?
I think i defo need one. I bought a fm transmitter from china.. £5!.. bargain! ..but sounds sh*te!

LeanAngle
31-10-2007, 04:44 PM
That link up sounds sweet....now that I know it can be done, I need an ipod. lol

madfella65
31-10-2007, 08:22 PM
rick_s, yes took about 30-40 mins to fit - you will need to
1. Remove Glovebox (makes job a lot easier!)
2. Remove Stereo

When the stereo is removed you will get a pin layout which you plug each pin into the relevant socket on the CD Changer module of the connector - when you connect this you then connect this to the control box and then drill a hole through the glove box and fit the gromit and then connect up your ipod and put your radio and glovebox back together - and away you go!!!! you need any help or pics - i have the parts out at the minute to put into the new motor....!

rick_s
31-10-2007, 08:37 PM
madfella,
hi.. some pics would be great if you havnt already fitted it... just from the back of the stereo etc will be sufficient... Dont think i will need to drill through the glovebox as there already seems to be a few ipod connector sized holes in there.. which seem to feed through to the back!
email: rickysharm@hotmail.com
Thanks very much
Rick