PDA

View Full Version : Indicator warning light, mirror strip?

Jay12329
06-03-2017, 05:10 PM
My wifes 65 plate SE tech B6 avant is giving an intermittent right hand side indicator warning.

When we have checked bulbs all appear working, but the wing mirror isn't as bright as the other side. There is quite a bit of moisture inside the unit should this be sealed and free from water? I'm assuming this is a LED set up so should never need replacing?

Also on closer inspection, the rear light clusters have some moisture in them too, I've never noticed this on other cars (but haven't looked too closely.) Is this normal?

Dealer is offering a 6 week wait for "diagnostics" and being a bit of a pain, saying the need the car all day but won't offer collection/work drop off. So if I can quickly fix myself i'll be a happy man.

Thanks

J

Redcar01
07-03-2017, 11:25 PM
My Audi dealer needs about 4 weeks to be able to book a courtesy car, book it in and tell them all of the faults now, and no as far as i know they shouldn't have condensation in. when mine happened out of warranty i dried them all out and ran silicone sealant around the edges which sealed them