PDA

View Full Version : Question Audi S3 2017 facelift - "Data Service Not Available - Please insert a SIM card"

scoobysnax_99
03-03-2017, 11:38 AM
Hello All,

I have a new Audi S3 2017 facelift model with the technology pack which comes with an Audi Connect (three-year subscription) so there is no SIM in the SIM slot in the car and it is using the built in SIM for data.
I can see the LTE signal strength and the data services are working correctly most of the time, but sometimes (can happen multiple times in a journey, like twice in 20 minutes) I get the following message on the pop-up screen when viewing the map whilst driving which says:

Data Service Not Available
Please insert a SIM card

The message seems to appear when the data service is lost temporarily and when the service is restored the message stays until I press Accept or Cancel or use the Back button for the MMI.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Regards,
scoobysnax_99

PS. I have booked my car in to the local dealer for them to take a look at this, but trying to find out more info so as to see if other see it as well.

Fexo
12-03-2017, 02:01 PM
My wife finally got around to checking all the MMI out last week (got it in October!) and tried to set things up yesterday only to find that the free 3 year subscription was not included with our package as the box had not been ticked on the specification that was ordered. Damn annoying if they won't instate it.

amacuk
16-05-2017, 04:00 PM
Hi there, I'm a 2017 Q7 owner and have the exact same. On a recent very long drive I would say the message came up 6 or more times, even though the LTE signal strength was at max (4 bars). Did Audi get it fixed for you?

Thanks.

baylissboy
14-08-2017, 09:39 PM
This message appears when the internet coverage isn't good enough, Audi us EE so some areas aren't brilliant. The message is a little misleading, but it's just a internet issue.

amacuk
14-08-2017, 09:58 PM
This message appears when the internet coverage isn't good enough, Audi us EE so some areas aren't brilliant. The message is a little misleading, but it's just a internet issue.

I'm not sure this a correct statement but thanks for posting it. I have an EE mobile also paired with the car and I have experienced the message from the ESIM even when the mobile has full bars. My dealer said it was an acknowledged bug with no fix yet published. Cheers.

baylissboy
16-08-2017, 10:32 PM
I had a vehicle in with this issue....I contacted Audi technical via DISS & the response they gave me was as I posted. I appreciate what your dealer told you about it being a "bug", Audi are aware of it & they acknowledge that the message is mis-leading, that will be changed with a SW up-date, but there will always be instances where the coverage doesn't support full internet access.