PDA

View Full Version : MMi Telephone call List

chiad01
02-03-2017, 08:30 PM
Guys.. I have an A6 2.0 S Line 2015 FL. My car has 3G, google maps etc. The problems I am experiencing are I have an iPhone 6 plus with the latest IOS 10.2.1...
If I make a call or a call comes through via Bluetooth it lists the calls on the MMI. Now here comes the question guys... If I access my call list on the MMI it shows different times and dates for the calls.. EG.. Call made 01/03/2017 at 10.20am it would show 04/03/2017 at 9.15pm. I have had the car in my local dealer and the technician connected is phone and he said that it worked perfect.. I have tried 3 other people iPhones and they have the same problem as mine.. I did look online and found a forum that said the IOS was to blame and to reset the phone.. This is have done and for 4 days the phones call were the same in the car via MMI. It has again gone strange and gone back to showing odd dates and times for my calls. Its impossible to keep resetting the phone so that makes me think is it something to do with the MMI.. Also guys. to update the Maps. With the FL A6 you supposed to do them online save to SD card and then update through the SD Slot in the car. I am puzzled as online is shows maps for all Europe but non for the UK. Am I doing something wrong. Thanks guys..

mikeruss
02-03-2017, 11:54 PM
cant help you with IOS but for maps download there is a dropdown to press which shows all the countries separately

chiad01
03-03-2017, 04:55 AM
Thanks mate. But I've tried that. The drop down shows all countries but not the U.K.

mikeruss
03-03-2017, 08:46 AM
its under G for Great Britain

St3veM
03-03-2017, 09:50 PM
Have you tried rebooting the phone? Wife has a funny issue with her iPhone and the MMI but a phone reboot (not airplane mode) seems to sort it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiad01
04-03-2017, 09:58 AM
Hi Yes I tried that I did a reset on the iPhone and it worked for 4 days call list and date were the same. It has again gone again and now shows different time and date. It can be 2 or 3 days time at a obscure time. I cant keep resetting the iPhone. Is it an iPhone issue or MMI issue ? no one seems to know that answer. Also do update the Maps is not so straight forward anymore. On a windows 7 computer it wont show Great Britain but does show other countries.. I have updated before using this computer. If I use windows 8 and windows 10 then it finds the UK but wont read the file to download. Its all a bit of mystery, that is so frustrating when you know how to do something that you have done before and now it does not work.

bluelights
09-03-2017, 04:36 PM
Hi Yes I tried that I did a reset on the iPhone and it worked for 4 days call list and date were the same. It has again gone again and now shows different time and date. It can be 2 or 3 days time at a obscure time. I cant keep resetting the iPhone. Is it an iPhone issue or MMI issue ? no one seems to know that answer. Also do update the Maps is not so straight forward anymore. On a windows 7 computer it wont show Great Britain but does show other countries.. I have updated before using this computer. If I use windows 8 and windows 10 then it finds the UK but wont read the file to download. Its all a bit of mystery, that is so frustrating when you know how to do something that you have done before and now it does not work.
What MMI firmware are you running? Has the dealer updated the software for you?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

chiad01
10-03-2017, 04:18 PM
Hi there. Well I'm totally at a loss now. The time are date of calls are clearly 2 days infront of themselves and the time would be some obscure time when I would be in the land on sleep. I've taken a photo of the mmi version if that helps. Not sure how to upload photo so I might upload separately. It has been in the dealership who said there are no faults with the mmi. But clearly there is something not working correctly. I have also reset the iPhone. But I can't keep resetting it every 3 to 4 days. Text messsages actually come through correct day and time. Just calls. Help. Don't seem to be getting anywhere with it and t don't think the dealership is too bothered to update mmi. Said unless a problem then they won't.

chiad01
10-03-2017, 04:29 PM
Can't seem to get a photo to load so I've wrote it down. It is. Software version
MH12_ER_AUG11_P0031. If that helps.

johnsimcox
11-03-2017, 08:50 AM
Can't seem to get a photo to load so I've wrote it down. It is. Software version
MH12_ER_AUG11_P0031. If that helps.

That is a very old version and probably explains its struggles with the latest version of iOS. The iPhone 4s was released in Oct 2011 so after the date of your software

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chiad01
11-03-2017, 02:27 PM
That's really bad. My car is 2015 FL S line ultra. Why would they put software as old as 2011 on it. That's 4 years. iPhone is 6 plus with the latest iOS on it. 10.2.1. Surely I've told the dealer in the past about the Bluetooth not always connecting and now this with the call list it should have a software update then. The dealer said they tend to not update software. The software remains with the car. But if the car is still under warranty which it is. Then it costs them nothing to do it.

johnsimcox
11-03-2017, 03:27 PM
That is a very old version and probably explains its struggles with the latest version of iOS. The iPhone 4s was released in Oct 2011 so after the date of your software

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Apologies, I missed the fact that you had a 2015 car. My interpretation of the naming convention of the software is clearly wrong! My car is also a 2015 car (albeit with he standard navigation , whilst it looks as if you have Nav+) and I (with an iPhone7) do not have the problems you are having with the order of the calls