PDA

View Full Version : car easily broken into advice needed

elninio
24-10-2007, 03:06 PM
Hi

Just joined and in need some serious advice.

My dads passat was broken into, and the cd changer was nicked. they also took out the standard cassette player from above but left it.

The fact that the car was so easily broken into we feel is entirely volkswagens fault as it is a design flaw of the car. im not sure if I can post how it was done but its basically childs play.

my father wants to know what are the chances of volkswagen actually listening and helping us out?

also what is the model number of the cd changer?

any advice is much appreciated.

cheers

ps: not sure though on getting a new cd changer as itll be easily nicked again so was just thinking about installing a cd player with a removable face. can these be run alongside the standard cassette unit or would i need the ugly dash compartment thing?

also wouldnt mind advice on a new alarm system that WORKS very well!!

Sam
24-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Welcome aboard.

Screwdriver in the lock barrel I presume? It's a known flaw and the dealerships sell a delock kit. Too late now though.

The model of the CD changer depends on what Passat it is you have.

elninio
24-10-2007, 03:25 PM
oh well since you mentioned it yeah.

screw driver to break lock and then turned to put windows down. then they just reached in on the driver side and turned the alarm off!!!

wat company puts an alarm off switch inside at such an easy place!!

its an 04 plate 2.0, thats all i know really. looks like this http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/review.aspx?model=1049

so wat about reagards to volkswagen doin something to help us out in this? or should i just contact them and see wat happens?

cheers

edit: also wats this delock kit thing do? does it just remove all locks from the door so the only way in is via the key immobilizer to unlock the doors?

if it is sounds acceptable.

Sam
24-10-2007, 03:56 PM
Instructions and reports of break ins are common and all over the internet. I had thought it was addressed and resolved for the newer VAG range :(

Not sure how they "reached in to switch it off" though, the alarm may have no gone off at all.

You could try contacting VW HQ to see what they have to say. An 04, I presume, will just be out of warranty so they may not be interested. Either way, getting in touch is a good start.

Contact details here - VW Customer Care Numbers
(http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8197)

The delock kit is a small 5p sized metal disc that fits over the inside of the keyslot on the driver side door, a body colour plastic cap (as on the passenger side) to cover the key hole and sometimes a lock barrel.

The only way in then is via the keyfob or boot lock.

elninio
24-10-2007, 08:47 PM
cheers lad

you've been a lot of help

gonna get in touch with vw.

Sam
25-10-2007, 09:24 AM
It's what we're here for.

Please follow up this post as and when you get a reply/resolution.