PDA

View Full Version : New A5 2017 Owners

cheekeemonkey
25-02-2017, 08:40 PM
Anybody else got a new shape A5 Coupe or Sportback?

just got mine on order after being Ina VW Golf for the last 6 years. Looking forward to getting back in an Audi (last one was an A4 Avant B7)

Scott K
26-02-2017, 11:17 PM
Don't think there are many yet. Haven't seen one in the flesh but they look good in the photos.

cheekeemonkey
27-02-2017, 12:34 AM
Agree. I've seen one coupe on the road and that's it so far.

i reckon there'll be a few more come Wednesday and the new reg.

cheekeemonkey
04-03-2017, 07:28 PM
Spoke to the dealer and mines on the boat to Grimsby :)

He's going to see if he can get it prepped and sorted for next weekend. Fingers crossed.

Scott K
13-03-2017, 08:59 PM
Any word yet?

cheekeemonkey
13-03-2017, 09:05 PM
Arrived at the dealers today and picking up next Monday as I'm away all weekend (Sod's law !!)

cheekeemonkey
13-03-2017, 09:06 PM
Only 7 days to go :D

hoju99
17-04-2017, 06:42 PM
Only 7 days to go :D

Ordered my A5 last Thursday , last Audi was a B8 A4

cheekeemonkey
17-04-2017, 08:04 PM
Ordered my A5 last Thursday , last Audi was a B8 A4

Excellent. Hope it's not too long a wait...

hoju99
17-04-2017, 08:25 PM
What A5 have you got coming cheekeemonkey?

currently in a golf myself

cheekeemonkey
17-04-2017, 09:20 PM
What A5 have you got coming cheekeemonkey?

currently in a golf myself

Hi

ive got got mine now. It's an A5 Sportback TDi S line Stronic.

Standard spec except for Daytona Grey, V spoke 19s; Privacy Glass and Flat Bottom Steering Wheel.

What spec have you gone for?

hoju99
17-04-2017, 09:48 PM
Gone for
A5 TFSI coupe s-line stronic
Glacier white
Privacy glass
Technology pack
Virtual cockpit

cheekeemonkey
18-04-2017, 07:39 AM
Nice spec. You'll enjoy that.

SattyA4
23-05-2017, 09:19 PM
Hello All,

Im placing my order for a New A5 as follows,

A5 2.0 TFSI Manual 190PS
Heated Flat Bottom Wheel
19" Wheels
Privacy Glass

Ordering it this month. Is there any options that people recommend?

Anybody thought about having a remap either?

cheekeemonkey
23-05-2017, 11:50 PM
Hello All,

Im placing my order for a New A5 as follows,

A5 2.0 TFSI Manual 190PS
Heated Flat Bottom Wheel
19" Wheels
Privacy Glass

Ordering it this month. Is there any options that people recommend?

Anybody thought about having a remap either?

Nice spec. I personally wouldn't go for the heated wheel as it means you don't have the individual button on the steering wheel to use (can be programmed for a number of things include drive select; navigation; music choice etc.)

i only had had the privacy glass; wheels and FB steering wheel as extras on mine. For another £100 I'd go for the extended LED. Makes the cabin look even cooler but I dropped this to get a pre built ahead of the tax changes.

PS. What colour have you gone for?

SattyA4
14-06-2017, 03:45 PM
Hello,

So I've Finally placed the order for the New A5!
Spec as follows

A5 Coupe 2.0 TFSI Manual 190PS
White
Flat Bottom Wheel
19" V Spoke Alloys
Privacy Glass
Extended Led Interior Lighting

The car is due for August time, with a collection date of early September (Although the car is going onto a private plate so I may get greedy and end up collecting it in August)

cheekeemonkey
15-06-2017, 07:50 AM
Nice spec. Won't be long before it arrives.

bruce_miranda
19-02-2018, 09:05 PM
I have just ordered an A5 Sportback in the S Line trim. But both the dealer as well as the options book had no mention of a Heated Steering wheel, be is round or Flat Bottomed. Is anyone able to confirm if the Heated Steering wheel is an option on in the UK on the A5 Sportback?

cheekeemonkey
19-02-2018, 09:24 PM
You certainly could order the heated steering wheel before. I’d speak direct to your dealer to see if their Configurator is showing this. They will need to start to create an order to check it allows the option

bruce_miranda
19-02-2018, 09:33 PM
Yes they checked this and there is no mention of a heated steering wheel option in any shape. If anyone in the UK can confirm they have the Heated Steering Wheel, would you please give me the option code for it and I will check if my dealer can add it on. We really want that.

MFGF
20-02-2018, 01:16 PM
Yes they checked this and there is no mention of a heated steering wheel option in any shape. If anyone in the UK can confirm they have the Heated Steering Wheel, would you please give me the option code for it and I will check if my dealer can add it on. We really want that.

I'm not seeing an option for it in the A5 Sportback pricelist. The option on the A6 range has an order code of 1XT, but I guess it's not available on the A5.

Cheers!

MF.

bruce_miranda
22-02-2018, 01:13 PM
Just received a call directly from Audi UK. There has never been a heated steering wheel option in the UK on the A5, due to low potential demand. Each country apparently determines their own offered options.

bruce_miranda
22-03-2018, 08:36 AM
You certainly could order the heated steering wheel before. I’d speak direct to your dealer to see if their Configurator is showing this. They will need to start to create an order to check it allows the option

There is definitely some confusion about the Heated Steering Wheel option on the A5. See this used example http://www.monmotorsaudi.co.uk/used-car-details/used-audi-a5-sportback-20-t-fsi-252-ps-quattro-spo-hatchback-daytona-grey-pearl-effect-automatic-petrol/id-138658120645/ It lists and shows a Heated Steering Wheel.

Also the option appears to be called 1XP which is the 3 spoke heated version.

See https://www.salisburyaudi.co.uk/pdf/2017/a5-s5-coupe-sportback-and-cabriolet-pricelist.pdf too

MJC_OK
19-04-2018, 10:02 AM
Hi all

I’m looking to move from the A4 B9 to the A5 SB - has anyone made this move? I’m a little concerned that it will feel too “samey”, though I am favouring a very different spec

Currently have the basic S Line 190 TDI Man, and I’m looking at the S Line 190 TFSI S Tronic with Tech Pack and Sun roof, which will hopefully make it feel like a totally new car

A6ian
10-05-2018, 06:11 PM
I've decided to move from diesel to petrol. I currently have an A6 C7 BE 272. Just placed an order for a white S5 Sportback. There's one already on the way to my dealer from Germany. It's got some extras added: Flat bottomed steering wheel, Privacy glass, Red leather, Virtual cockpit, Extended lighting pack and Folding mirrors. I would have chosen these had I ordered from fresh. I'd probably have added Storage pack, and phone box but these are not a deal breaker, sure I'll live without these. Is there another way to connect 2 phones?

Looking forward to going back to petrol, and to something slightly different having had 2 A6 C7's. I will admit, I still prefer the look of the A6 saloon BE to what I'm getting but that's probably cos I'm an old guy.

bruce_miranda
10-05-2018, 06:15 PM
I've decided to move from diesel to petrol. I currently have an A6 C7 BE 272. Just placed an order for a white S5 Sportback. There's one already on the way to my dealer from Germany. It's got some extras added: Flat bottomed steering wheel, Privacy glass, Red leather, Virtual cockpit, Extended lighting pack and Folding mirrors. I would have chosen these had I ordered from fresh. I'd probably have added Storage pack, and phone box but these are not a deal breaker, sure I'll live without these. Is there another way to connect 2 phones?

Looking forward to going back to petrol, and to something slightly different having had 2 A6 C7's. I will admit, I still prefer the look of the A6 saloon BE to what I'm getting but that's probably cos I'm an old guy.
If you have the ability to code your car, you can code it to add the ability to pair 2 phones.

A6ian
10-05-2018, 06:20 PM
Yeh, I've got VCDS. I'm assuming there's info somewhere in here :D Better get searching ready for the big day :p

Thanks.

SunnyBard
27-05-2018, 03:08 PM
Anybody else got a new shape A5 Coupe or Sportback?

Just chopped-in my 7+ year old A4 avant for an A5 sportback, went for an approved ex-demonstrator this time (5 months/5000 miles) lovely car, the spec is pretty close to what I might have ordered anyway, I probably wouldn't take the privacy glass, and would add the auto dimming mirrors, but those are minor quibbles.

Not read the manual yet, but wondering why the stop/start seems relatively random in the times it decides not to auto-stop? I like the feature where it re-starts when it detects the car in front start to pull away, is there a setting buried in the MMI (or with VCDS) somewhere that can delay the auto-stopping?

Similarly is there a setting to auto-apply the electric handbrake when shifting to park and/or turning the ignition off?

Photos soon, it might need a wash first, the mythos black shows up rain/dust more than the old lava grey used to ...

SunnyBard
27-05-2018, 03:37 PM
some extras added: Virtual cockpit

Mine has that, it's a nice high-tech option, initially somewhat overwhelming the choices you have of various things on one or both screens,
but I'm sure I'll settle into a "normal" usage of phone/radio/media on the MMI screen and dials+map on the cockpit.

Looking forward to going back to petrol

My last two cars have been diesel (a 2.2 CDTi Honda and the 3.0 TDI Audi) and had thought I was a convert, but I feel "they" are out to kill-off diesel a bit too quickly and didn't want to be the last one at the party, so switched back to petrol this time, the 2.0 TFSI is pretty damned smooth and obviously has a higher redline and makes quite a noise while getting there :D

cheekeemonkey
29-05-2018, 10:55 PM
Just chopped-in my 7+ year old A4 avant for an A5 sportback, went for an approved ex-demonstrator this time (5 months/5000 miles) lovely car, the spec is pretty close to what I might have ordered anyway, I probably wouldn't take the privacy glass, and would add the auto dimming mirrors, but those are minor quibbles.

Not read the manual yet, but wondering why the stop/start seems relatively random in the times it decides not to auto-stop? I like the feature where it re-starts when it detects the car in front start to pull away, is there a setting buried in the MMI (or with VCDS) somewhere that can delay the auto-stopping?

Similarly is there a setting to auto-apply the electric handbrake when shifting to park and/or turning the ignition off?

Photos soon, it might need a wash first, the mythos black shows up rain/dust more than the old lava grey used to ...

Nice car and Mythos black looks fantastic when clean. As you say, can be a de il to keep that way though!

stop-Start will not work if the draw on the battery or engine is high I.e. just after starting or if for example the air con is on a high setting. There are devices you can get that override the function but no MMI or VCDS setting as yet.

Electric handbrake can seem intermittent too in my experience. Sometimes when parking it will apply and others not. Not sure why but I’ve got in the habit of pulling the lever up myself now.

SunnyBard
30-05-2018, 12:22 AM
stop-Start will not work if the draw on the battery or engine is high I.e. just after starting or if for example the air con is on a high setting

I did get round to doing a bit of RTFM, and there are quite a list of things that will prevent the auto-stop, I think within the first couple of miles, on hot days the most likely cause *has* been the aircon still working hard to get the car down to the set temperature. also if wheels aren't straight'ish, or if the gearbox is in 'S' (The latter is good to know in cases where you don't want it to auto-stop e.g. emerging from a tricky junction).

There are still mystery occasions where I pull to a halt, it stops, then within a second it starts again while you sit there touching nothing.

Electric handbrake can seem intermittent too in my experience. Sometimes when parking it will apply and others not. Not sure why but I’ve got in the habit of pulling the lever up myself now.

I think the handbrake has been solved too, mainly down to the keyless-go putting me off my stride, and undoing seatbelt before turning off ignition, while wondering what I did with the keys given there's no ignition slot to hold them, and my pockets are generally full

A6S
30-05-2018, 08:38 PM

Let us know how you get on. I’m looking for a similar change. Still a bit undecided. S5 or c43 or something completely different.
I’m on my third c7 and I love the comfort and space but want to get back in a petrol and something a big quicker/nimbler rather than another A6 barge. New c8 does not tickle my fancy.

A6ian
30-05-2018, 10:20 PM
Let us know how you get on. I’m looking for a similar change. Still a bit undecided. S5 or c43 or something completely different.
I’m on my third c7 and I love the comfort and space but want to get back in a petrol and something a big quicker/nimbler rather than another A6 barge. New c8 does not tickle my fancy.

Will do. Was meant to pick it up tomorrow but it's still at Grimsby docks apparently. Dealer tells me it could be another 7 working days.

The C43 looks ok, but the S5 does it for me. I always tend to think the newer Mercs are a bit too "in yer face", the Audi's more reserved, I think. Looks wise, I don't like the C43 back end but the front is better than the S5.

To be honest when I bought my first A6 2.0tdi BE I'd actually gone to buy the A5 tdi 180hp but didn't like it so changed my plan. When I test drove the new S5, it's a very different animal. If you haven't already, you need to have a drive of one. I can't find a bad review on youtube.

This may turn controversial but, I much prefer the S Tronic gearbox though, guess I'll get used to the tiptronic.

A6S
31-05-2018, 03:50 PM
I’ve had a quick shot of an s4 so assuming it will be the same as the s5. I did feel the tip tronic not as snappy/quick as the stronic but suppose for most days the tip tronic will be smooth and quick enough.
I was kinda the opposite on the looks. Really liked the look of the c class coupe and found the s5 a bit looking like every Audi out there. However the interior is much nicer in the Audi than the merc and you need to opt for the command package to get the newer looking tech which was an expensive option.
In a s5 I will be looking for virtual cockpit as a bare minimal and maybe with the sound and comfort pack.
Trying to see if I can find a dealer with one with the adjustable suspension and one without so I can see if it’s worth the £900 option. To be fair it’s a relatively cheap option for an Audi option.

A6ian
03-06-2018, 12:22 PM
Just been reading on a German forum that the petrol engined S5 will be no more, and that it's to be replaced by a diesel. I think this is just a rumour, but if it's true, it's absurd.

Hope it's not true but if it is I'm glade I've got in now, it's also said that no further orders can be placed after end of May.

I'm also told from another source that it's the same from some other premium car brands, there is no (or limited) availability of new larger petrol engined cars between now and October. think it's due to difficulties with the new emissions that come in to force during sept 18.

This is all hearsay, I personally don't know how much actual truth there's in it.

A6ian
08-06-2018, 05:59 PM
Well I eventually got it, yesterday. Initially I was thinking "have I done the right thing", but now, after doing a 200 mile round trip today, I'm sure I have. It's an impressive engine, not sure I need so much power on UK roads though, but even at speed limits it sounds proper fast. There are a few small (very small) refinements that the A6 had that this hasn't but thats made up for by the extra things that it's got that the a6 hasn't. The MMI is much improved by the way it operates etc. The Virtual cockpit and (never thought I'd say this) the extended interior light package are a must in my opinion.
Although on paper the figures between the 272 TDI and this are not a million miles away from each other, there is a huge difference in how it does it, it seems much quicker than 0.8 second to 60. The tiptronic is ok, don't know if it's because I want it to be, but I think it's better than the demo car I drove, perhaps it's had a software update since. Ive run it today in efficiency mode and there is definitely more 'up and go' than the A6 272 in Dynamic S mode, and that was no slouch.

Even the wife likes it, but she rightly says that it's a harsher ride than the A6 BE, and she has a small niggle over the non-adjustable head rests, think I've got away lightly.

Although on the outside it looks quite a bit smaller and is more nimble when driving, the interior space is not really noticeably different in size, not had anyone in the back yet though, as you's expect, there's slightly less leg room.

The red leather seats are less red than the pictures show, it's got and orangey tinge to it, it's a marmite thing but I like it.

All in all the looks are growing on me, but I still like the looks of the A6 C7 BE, but the S5 has been a good choice for something similar but very different, I think (if that makes sense).

A6ian
08-06-2018, 06:07 PM
Forgot to say, the Audi sound system is not that bad, it doesn't have the same depth as the Bose but doesn't have the sub woofer vibrations at high bass levels, which makes it slightly better with a little effort to set it up, in my opinion. can't comment on the B&O but I can live with this.

A6S
18-06-2018, 08:41 PM
Good wee write up Ian.
I’m still trying to decide. I do like the comfort of the A6 and the 272 engine with the dsg is a bit of a gem. Economical when cruising and pretty quick when need be.
The other thing is the non retracting screen. Not sure if I would notice but like all modern cars it just seem like an afterthought but every car out there is the same so unavoidable.
Decision decisions....