PDA

View Full Version : audi a4 door card removal

ratbag73
18-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Hi
This might sound like an easy one but does anybody know how to remove a door card from an a4 2002. The door llock unlock switch has stopped working.
Thanks

window man
02-03-2008, 12:03 PM
undo the screws dont forget about the little one on the inside edge of the card then lift up its that easy any probs just let me know

RickT
02-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Hi,

i have just moved the message over to the A4 section,.

Thanks

Rick

htreacher
22-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Hi, I have the same problem, trying to replace speakers but can't remove the door cards. A4. I have removed both screws either end at the top, and the one by the handle . . . what now? I can't seem to remove the plastic surround of the handle, and the door card is still stuck fast!! I can't pull it away, lift it up, or shift it sideways . . . am I doing something wrong? Please help.

a4_jim
22-11-2008, 04:06 PM
Remove the trim from the door which reveals 5 screws, one at bottom of door, two hiding under the plastic cover by door pull. Once all the screws are out just pull hard from the edge as its held in with poppers. Cant recall exactly how many but around 5 and they are prone to breaking. The lift door upwards and unplug all the connections to remove door from car.

J

Hi, I have the same problem, trying to replace speakers but can't remove the door cards. A4. I have removed both screws either end at the top, and the one by the handle . . . what now? I can't seem to remove the plastic surround of the handle, and the door card is still stuck fast!! I can't pull it away, lift it up, or shift it sideways . . . am I doing something wrong? Please help.

Andy J
22-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Read here, it's very easy to do, I did the job last weekend then replied to someone else who wanted to remove door panels.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=53363

htreacher
22-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Wicked, thanks guys . . . only . . . . I'm a woman - remove the trim panel?? Two screws hiding under plastic cover of door pull, got that bit, assume plastic just pops out with a little gentle persuasion? (Electric windows by the way - still the same?) So, this trim panel . . ?

a4_jim
22-11-2008, 04:28 PM
Women DIYer:beerchug:

The trim panel I mean the long plastic strip that runs across the door above the door pull. To remove pull gently from the door hinge end, 4-5 metal poppers secure it BUT the last is not...just pull strip towards hinge end to remove.

J

Wicked, thanks guys . . . only . . . . I'm a woman - remove the trim panel?? Two screws hiding under plastic cover of door pull, got that bit, assume plastic just pops out with a little gentle persuasion? (Electric windows by the way - still the same?) So, this trim panel . . ?

htreacher
22-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Yeah, woman DIY'er . . . whats wrong with that??!!! Lol. Ok, thanks, will give it a go - hope I don't break a nail!!
Where's a geezer when you need one!!!!!

Total Technik
29-04-2016, 04:37 PM
Door card removal is actually pretty easy, but - as experienced here - knowing where the fixings are is half the battle!!!

We produced a video for removing the doorcards on the B6/B7 A4, S4 and RS4. May well be useful if you're reading this! Check it out:

How to Remove Door Card Panel - Audi A4 S4 RS4 - B6 B7 2001-2008 - TOTAL TECHNIK - YouTube

(https://youtu.be/kyqrg33zH8Q)