PDA

View Full Version : Passenger airbag on message

traianvt
21-02-2017, 10:13 PM
Hi,

I own a MY2013 A6 C7 and over time I've noticed that compared to others C7s I've seen in real life or different videos mine does not show the "passenger airbag on" warning message when I start the engine.

Could this be a fault or some models don't have this warning?

Thanks.

AT.
21-02-2017, 10:50 PM
I never seen this warning.

Tripletrouble
21-02-2017, 11:35 PM
Mine shows it every time. Is your airbag on?

traianvt
22-02-2017, 07:02 AM
I believe so, I never turned it off and there aren't any visible errors.

Also, my car doesn't have the passenger airbag off light above the A/C controls or at least it never went on.

PS: It's a Germany model.

johnsimcox
22-02-2017, 09:52 AM
I believe so, I never turned it off and there aren't any visible errors.

Also, my car doesn't have the passenger airbag off light above the A/C controls or at least it never went on.

PS: It's a Germany model.Do you have the key switch in the passenger glove box to switch the airbag on or off? I am wondering if in Germany these is not allowed by legislation and therefore not included or it is an option. I know that the VW Polo here in the UK it is currently a chargeable option to have it included. If that were the case then perhaps there is no need to have the warning message

traianvt
22-02-2017, 09:54 AM
If the switch it's in plain sight, I don't have it, if it's hidden I need to check. I never noticed it.

johnsimcox
22-02-2017, 09:58 AM
Do you have the key switch in the passenger glove box to switch the airbag on or off? I am wondering if in Germany these is not allowed by legislation and therefore not included or it is an option. I know that the VW Polo here in the UK it is currently a chargeable option to have it included. If that were the case then perhaps there is no need to have the warning message Just looked on the Audi Germany website and passenger airbag deactivation is only offered if you select the option (€80) to have Isofix attachment points on the front passenger seat

traianvt
22-02-2017, 10:06 AM
Thanks for that. I just went to their online configurator and the "passenger airbag off" symbol above the climate controls appears on the rendered interior image of the car as soon as I check the "ISOFIX child seat mounting for passenger seat". When unchecked, it goes away.

So that makes sense why I don't have the dashboard warning at start up, as it will always be on.