PDA

View Full Version : Drive system fault warning.

grantyboy
21-02-2017, 04:34 PM
I've just encountered a warning light informing me of a fault with the drive system and to visit the workshop as soon as possible. I was driving normally with the cruise control set at 60mph when the message flashed up. It was a bit of a heart stopping moment but luckily I was within 20 miles of my local Audi dealer so was gingerly able to drive the car to there. I could tell there was something wrong as the car had gone into some sort of semi limp mode, the power through the auto box was definitely limited but not unsafe to drive.
Has anyone else experienced this and if so any feedback would be welcome.
I'm currently sat waiting for my courtesy car to arrive whilst the issue is resolved.
It's a bit disappointing considering the car has only covered 450 miles from new but hopefully it's just a teething problem that needs sorting out.

grantyboy
24-02-2017, 08:13 PM
UPDATE------Just got the car back from the dealership, turns out the problem was a faulty camshaft position sensor, everything back to normal now and running how it should.
I've had the pleasure of driving a new A6 Allroad loan car for the past three days, very nice and very powerful but to be honest not a patch on the A4 B9, I'm glad to have it back.
Thanks to Audi though for the brilliant service once again.