PDA

View Full Version : Windscreen replacement with Matrix lights - camera calibration?

Bar Shaker
21-02-2017, 10:13 AM
Anyone had a new windscreen on a Matrix equipped car?

Did your camera (behind the mirror) need to be recalibrated?

watronik7
21-02-2017, 05:24 PM
Yes. This rule also apply even if you have standard lights and camera behind the windscreen

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sw1000
21-02-2017, 06:55 PM
This is interesting, I had a new windscreen on Sunday and the guys didn't say it need recalibrating.

I do have Automatic cruise control , that was broke. So it went into Audi to be fixed on Monday so hopefully It is working okay.

I also have matrix LEDs, won't have the car back until tomorrow evening to test.

Out of interest if it's not calibrated will it mean the lights are at the wrong level or something else? No error message on the dash to say it needed recalibrating

Bar Shaker
27-02-2017, 11:08 AM
How much did you pay for the calibration?

pany
27-02-2017, 12:45 PM
I also understand not many dealers can recalibrate. My dealer was talking about having to send the car down South when I had an issue with ACC, braking guard etc.

twaters
09-03-2017, 12:47 PM
When I had to have a new windscreen fitted I was told that the lane assist system cameras would then need to be recalibrated. My Insurance Company's preferred supplier was Autoglass who would have replaced the windscreen at home but then I would have to take the car to one of their depots. Autoglass's nearest depot was 40 miles away and had no customer waiting facilities.

As calibration takes 3 to 4 hours I decided to have my local Audi Main dealer replace the windscreen and pay the modest extra cost to my Insurance Company for not using their preferred supplier.

Bar Shaker
09-03-2017, 05:23 PM
Having now seen how this camera is fitted, I doubt calibration is required. It snaps into a plate that is precision bonded to the windscreen and has no way of not fitting perfectly.

My matrix lights work perfectly with no re calibration.