PDA

View Full Version : A4 2.0 TFSI Consistent hard starting

alexpugh
20-02-2017, 12:12 PM
Hi,

I've just joined up having bought an A4 TFSI.

I've been looking around forums and can only find hard starting problems reported where the problem gets less when the car has been running.

With mine, it is consistently the same amount of time to start, just a few seconds longer than on the button. It's been like this since I bought it so I've never known it to be different. I suspect this is the reason why my Stop Start is not working?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Sorry if this is something obvious or I've missed a relevant blog post!

Any advice appreciated!

niall campbell
20-02-2017, 09:21 PM
good starting point would be a free check on the battery

just google free battery check in your local area

You are looking for a dud cell(s) which means the battery is not holding its charge, sometimes a dud cell alone isn't enough to stop the car starting depending how damaged the cell is

You have enabled Stop/ Start ......................... not switched it off by accident

Also is if you have say the rear demister on, the stop/start wont work as the car thinks the battery wont start with heavy load

alexpugh
21-02-2017, 11:03 AM
Thanks Niall,

I've had the battery tested at Halfords (Which they really struggled with!) But they said it's all in good health!

The start stop didn't work when I bought it. I didn't realise it had it until I turned off the switch and back on again, and it said it couldn't switch on because of a fault. That's when I realised the slow start probably isn't quite right!

niall campbell
25-02-2017, 09:57 PM
you will need to get it scanned to find out whats wrong with a code fault