PDA

View Full Version : Audi A3 2.0 tdi oil in fuel

RevoA3Audi
16-02-2017, 08:36 AM
Hi guys I'm new to this forum would like some information on a tandem pump please, right then I've got an Audi A3 2.0 tdi all injectors and seals have checked there all stable, I changed the fuel filter just before Christmas and the diesel was like a black colour so yesterday decided to check her again and yeah sure enough diesel the same colour also car developed a misfire at high speed Idles rough to and loss of power,, it isn't the turbo had a new one last year,,, any help would be appreciated
Kind regards Danny
Also the car isn't making oil,,,

grant19841
16-02-2017, 09:27 AM
Oil in diesel is a sign of tandem pump seal failure,
Your need to inspect the seals and parts.

I think YouTube have some videos so take a look.

Also oil in fuel will mean fuel in oil so this means that ATM the oil is braking down and pd engines really don't need that, so don't use it until it's sorted because you don't won't any bigger problems....

Once you solve the issue you then need to do an oil and filter change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grant19841
16-02-2017, 09:30 AM
Please explain more regarding " car isn't making any oil"....... do you mean the car has no oil pressure??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam
16-02-2017, 09:38 AM
Pretty sure this isn't anything to do with Home Technology.

What year is your A3, I'll move this to the relevant A3 section

RevoA3Audi
16-02-2017, 02:31 PM
Hi guys sorry if put this tread in the wrong place as I said I'm new to this forum quick update I've just put a new tandem pump on the car only time will tell yeah oil pressure good thank for your input guys,,, I'll let you all know kind regards Danny

RevoA3Audi
16-02-2017, 05:00 PM
Sorry Sam it's a 2005

RevoA3Audi
24-02-2017, 01:16 PM
Hi gents and lady's a quick update of the Audi A3 2.0 tdi 2005 so you all know the car had a new tandem pump after this was experiencing cold start problems so after a couple of checks the lift pump in the tank has now been changed by myself when removing it noticed there all oil over the old unit so fingers crossed this has sorted the problem kind regards Danny

Crasher
24-02-2017, 06:41 PM
It will take a very long time to self clean, we take out the delivery unit, drain the tank, wipe it out and blow the lines out plus new fuel filter.

RevoA3Audi
25-02-2017, 11:17 AM
Morning gent's & lady's right then Audi A3 2.0 tdi started first time this morning so problem has now been sorted �� hope this help people who are experiencing the same trouble as I've had it wasn't a cheap fix but I've been lucky that I can fix these problems myself kind regards Danny