PDA

View Full Version : Custom POI-s

kraff
12-02-2017, 09:50 AM
Anyone else getting error message when trying to upload speedcams as a POI.
I`m following the POI-Listen Sammlung < Discover Geräte < Volkswagen NAV-Companion < Volkswagen Deutschland (http://www.volkswagen.de/de/navigation/discover-pro/poi-listen-sammlung.html) and it should work, but after inserting SD card and "Update my POIs (SD card), I`m just getting "Error no data available please insert a source with software update data or check the source"

P.S. Map updates work flawlessly.

MattB247
13-02-2017, 08:07 PM
Not tried POI's but had the same error when I tried to update my maps by downloading them. It was only when I downloaded the VW Windows program that I was able to download and install even them.

Garfie101
14-02-2017, 02:58 PM
Worked ok for me on my Discovery Nav using files on an sd card that I downloaded from pocketgps.

kraff
18-02-2017, 02:43 PM
Tried the same but no luck, still the same error message.

cbee55
13-03-2017, 08:32 PM
Hi

I had the same problem today, even though I had been through the process before with no issues. I'm not sure what VW have changed when they generate the POI files, but this worked for me with a Discover Pro.

1) Create and download the POI files as normal using the VW Navigation Website (the one you listed in your first post)
2) Open the zip file and you will see a folder called "PersonalPOI" and a file called "metainfo2.txt", open the folder called "PersonalPOI"
3) Inside the folder will be 3 other folders called "MIB2DE", "MIB2HIGH" and MIB2TSD", open the "MIB2HIGH" folder for the Discover Pro
4) Inside the folder you will see the same "PersonalPOI" and "metainfo2.txt" files, copy these to the root of your SD card.
5) Stick SD card in car and away you go :-)

kraff
17-03-2017, 07:09 PM
Thanks, it also worked for me.
Now I need to figure out how and where can I enable that warning sound. (Yes I have tickled that to have audible warning when compiling the database)

cbee55
17-03-2017, 08:44 PM
As long as you have ticked the box when compiling it should make a noise as you get near the camera.

If not check under your NAV Announcements for a option called something like "Note MyPOI" is ticked as I understand that can be used to turn off the bong.

kraff
18-03-2017, 08:33 AM
As long as you have ticked the box when compiling it should make a noise as you get near the camera.

If not check under your NAV Announcements for a option called something like "Note MyPOI" is ticked as I understand that can be used to turn off the bong.

If You mean this http://s7.postimg.org/66wjc8fgb/20150913_110150.jpg
then I just don`t have that button.